You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Nov 29, 2021 4:29 pm

houston
Active

Re: AH USE TO HATE TRINIDIANS FOR SAYING GRENADIANS TALK TO FLAT.

Humans have been tribal from day one.
We have always worshipped wealth and continue to do so. We may be more technologically advanced but the mighty dollar is king, nothing has changed in that respect.
Beads and other commodities have become dollars and the quest for more of them will always be a pursuit for power and control, a nature of humans from all walks. Peon peasants have no more influence than they did 10,000 years ago. They remain at the bottom of the totem pole while the Grand Poohbah's continue to make the decisions on how life functions.
The tribes have expanded geographically but the thinking will always be the same no matter of colour or culture.

#12 Nov 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

If change isn't possible; if there are no options but fated destiny, then there are no problems and no worries.  The die is cast.  All you can do is drink the wine, enjoy the day and let the world be the world.

#13 Nov 30, 2021 12:07 pm

Slice
Active

I kinda echo that sentiment, but some folks turn me stomach.  Listen, this new variant of Covid, is being noticed by the world.  I think it is fair to say, scientist is just beginning to study this new variant. Since yesterday me and me English-Grenadian buddy, arguing about vaccination.  Then he sends me something saying it is because of vaccination, that has caused this new one.  EHEHEH, are you for real?  He kinda forget that SA has a very low vaccination rate.  Someway in the 5%.

Should I just let the world be and not ask him, if he mad?  Hell, no I think as ah human, who cares about my children future, I should say something.  The honest truth is some of these folks do not recognize they are murders.  They been spouting this shite for so long; they believe it for real.

BTW, there is chance this new version is the one that kills Covid forever.  Ah din make that up.  This female doc from SA, is who I am repeating.

Base on where you financially, you look at wealth differently.

#14 Nov 30, 2021 2:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

If Omicron is extremely contagious but with very, very mild symptoms, it would be a Godsend.  A virus that is so contagious that it displaces all other Covid and quickly spreads around the world without making anyone very sick would be just the thing to end this shit-show.

#15 Dec 02, 2021 8:19 am

Slice
Active

Ah doh think America is ready to say that just yet, but in a way they are very thankful for Omicron.  The SA doctor said that there is a chance of Herd immunity quickly with Omicron.

#16 Dec 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Dancer
Active

' Herd Immunity means   .......  'some will have to die ' . 
That term is callous  - when you can do better.

SO .. what is the problem ?

If the 'non vaccers' say no vac , cool
They  die first , I don't have a problem with that .

Herd immunity.

#17 Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, as you and the regulars on here would know, I have been absent from this forum for a while. This is my second post since that long absence; my first was on New Year's Day, 2022, in response to your post "WELL AH SLEEP PAST THE START OF 2022". It is found at the following link:

http://spiceislandertalkshop.com/oldtal … hp?id=4958

On reading the topics that I missed, this one to which I am now responding stunned me! I could not believe your comments about your fellow Grenadians (not that loyalty should be absolute merely by being Grenadian) or your larger, equally, some may say much more, stunning comments about the idea of not being African.

On the Grenadian issue, it could not escape me that your condemnation focused on our alleged inability to speak properly yet your writing is littered with attempts at Grenadian colloquialisms and other deficits. One's ability to speak properly invariably helps their writing abilities. As life teaches, however, there are exceptions at both ends: a good speaker may not be a good writer and vice versa.

The African/non-African positions that you recounted were, truly, the most disappointing to read. There is no doubt that many in the Caribbean have some claim to a mixed family heritage but I did not expect such a totally dismissive connection to Africa as you have done. (RD's comment -- "Truth be told, everyone's ancestors are African." -- was quite interesting. You did not respond to that comment, Slice.)

So, Slice, while your honesty is appreciated, why share such raw emotions on those two issues that are clearly very dear to you? Your explanation(s) may help me get past my shock at what you SAID, in the manner that you did.

#18 Jan 13, 2022 11:15 am

Slice
Active

gripe, I never claimed to be great writer.  I just can't write.  Yes I inject ah bunch of Grenadian words in my writings.  I happen to love a bunch of things about Grenada.  Leh me just say this, even in America I can't stand the African American dialect.  I like folks to speak clear so I can understand.

Listen you have been on here for a while now, you know I believe that we are all Africans.  I do not believe that God created us, we all started from Africa.  It was a mistake on my path; to, say I am not African.  What I should of said is am not black totally.  I may look black, but I have Indian, African and European running through my veins.

My point now is, it is very ungrateful of us to ignore the European, Asian and Indian in us and only embrace the African.  If the other races in us did not contribute towards our creation, we would not of been here.

You know when ah first heard this well learned Professor from Jamaica said we are a mixed-up race ah kinda thought he was crazy, but then ah started thinking, he just might have a point.  It took me more than 15 years to realize what he was saying is true.

Well gripe as you can see, a few of us are still here.  No one person makes or break this little place.  houston, NH, RD and dancer are still here and really that is what matters.

Last edited by Slice (Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am)

#19 Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm

gripe
Active

Slice, that is a most heartfelt, gracious response!

The fact is that we ALL have moments when we vent and may go overboard a bit.

On the survival of this forum, to be sure the loyalists will remain and, really, crowds are not always needed for a small group to engage in healthy, earnest and honest, discussions, agreeing with each other at times and on some occasions disagreeing. 

Thanks again for your response!

Board footer