You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Jan 24, 2022 4:11 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

How Slice deals with cold weather

I named him Slice and I named him right.

Slicey-Wicey.jpg

#2 Jan 24, 2022 4:29 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: How Slice deals with cold weather

The Chicago blizzard of 1967 struck northern Illinois on the night of 26 January, with freezing temperatures, high winds and heavy snowfall for almost twenty-four hours. When the storm abated in the morning, we found that over three feet of snow had fallen, drifting higher in places. To this day, it remains the greatest single snowfall in Chicago history. It was indeed an awful lot of snow, particularly when banked up against buildings, you’d open your front door, to an avalanche!

The first thing the three of us did, after we’d dug our way out of the house, was run down to the hardware store and buy all the snow shovels we could find – we’re gonna make some money! We spent the day digging out driveways, all across La Grange, the three of us could do a driveway in ten minutes – cars extra. We thought we’d been clever in buying snow shovels, but some of those American boys really knew how to make money, they bought snow blowers.

Snowstorm.jpg

#3 Jan 24, 2022 4:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Now I know of two cats named Slice.

#4 Jan 25, 2022 9:53 am

Slice
Active

Beautiful Bradly Bolton wrote:

I named him Slice and I named him right.

https://i.postimg.cc/dhs8qvhC/Slicey-Wicey.jpg

Dancer ah need help now dogs and cats named Slice.

#5 Jan 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

Here's how the Cats got named. Wifey didn't know what to name them. She wanted to name the Calico "Cali". I told her that lacks any kind of originality. I told her "Her name will be Calypso. If you want to call her Caly, that's okay".

Then there was the orange Cat. As we were thinking about a name for him I was peeling a navel orange. As I handed my wife a slice of it she said "I will call him Orange Slice". I chuckled and said "I think I will just call him Slice, it's easier and it makes sense". He slices up rolls of paper towels with his claws. The paperwork at the Vet has his full legal name of Orange Slice but we call him Slice.

Of course now we have Calypso and Slice for Cats and we all know that can't be an accident, right?

Here they are, Thanksgiving 2020 when I took them in...

20201116-140020.jpg

Board footer