You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Jan 28, 2022 11:01 am

New Historian
Active

Re: The mass urban exodus

Real Distwalker wrote:

I could retire today if I wanted to.  I don't want to.  I like my work. Frankly, I can't stand the thought of giving it up.

The last time I "retired" was on the day before my 67th birthday - The Final Day! smile Still wukkin' though, stop and you dwet! (South African slang: dead!)

#12 Jan 29, 2022 4:04 pm

houston
Active

#13 Jan 29, 2022 6:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

That little girl in the lavender sweater and yellow shirt really knows a lot about retirement.  She has it figured out!

#14 Jan 29, 2022 6:32 pm

houston
Active

Yes sir, those young whippersnappers can teach us a lot.
No doing head stands after age 65.

#15 Jan 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I could retire today if I wanted to.  I don't want to.  I like my work. Frankly, I can't stand the thought of giving it up.

See you not average.  In ah way you kinda retire.  You can just do what the hell you want.

#16 Feb 02, 2022 12:58 pm

StinkinToe
Active

Slice wrote:

I am very sorry for some of my friends that are older than me and still working; not, because they want to, but because they have to.

I feel the same way. My mom worked until she died in the US a few years ago and it opened my eyes. This is the trap I am trying not to fall into. I am trying to get my ducks in a row before I hit 50, because I don't want to be running the rat race in the US for the rest of my life.  A short time in Grenada is so relaxing and refreshing, I would like to spend more time here than in the US.

Yesterday my boss asked me if I thought about working from Grenada and my answer was YES! BTW, they are working hard to get us back into the office. LOL

#17 Feb 03, 2022 1:39 pm

Slice
Active

That place is safe, and reglazing.  Could be boring if you have no hookup.

Later this year, if all goes well ah bunch of us retirees, will be spending more than a month there.  I think about eight of us.

Board footer