You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

gripe

"Prime the pump": #45 Claims He Coined That Phrase! Wow!

Wow! This should set the stage:

"TRUMP: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

Asking an Economist writer if he or she has heard the expression “prime the pump” is like asking Sports Illustrated writers if they’ve heard of “RBIs” or asking someone at Playboy if they’re aware that you can have your body surgically enhanced. Of course they have heard the term, because Trump, contrary to what he suggests, didn’t invent the phrase, much less come up with it “a couple of days ago.”

Merriam-Webster, which has embraced insulting Trump by tweeting out the definitions of things in the news, was quick to explain the genesis of the expression. It predates not only this week, but Trump himself."

Find the story at this link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ … id=sk2edhp

#2 May 12, 2017 9:09 am

Real Distwalker

Re: "Prime the pump": #45 Claims He Coined That Phrase! Wow!

Um.  No.  It has been used in the context of economic stimulus for 100 years.

C_jMhY4XgAUQYUC.jpg

Last edited by Real Distwalker (May 12, 2017 10:43 am)

#3 May 12, 2017 9:42 am

Slice

Re: "Prime the pump": #45 Claims He Coined That Phrase! Wow!

gripe wrote:

Wow! This should set the stage:

"TRUMP: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

Asking an Economist writer if he or she has heard the expression “prime the pump” is like asking Sports Illustrated writers if they’ve heard of “RBIs” or asking someone at Playboy if they’re aware that you can have your body surgically enhanced. Of course they have heard the term, because Trump, contrary to what he suggests, didn’t invent the phrase, much less come up with it “a couple of days ago.”

Merriam-Webster, which has embraced insulting Trump by tweeting out the definitions of things in the news, was quick to explain the genesis of the expression. It predates not only this week, but Trump himself."

Find the story at this link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ … id=sk2edhp

I read that yesterday and just shake me head.. After reading the entire article, I came to the conclusion that that man nuts.

Board footer