You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Mar 22, 2022 9:46 am

New Historian
Active

Re: ENGLAND IS NOT OUR'MOTHER COUNTRY'AND WE HAVE NO QUEEN!

I've posted this before, but specifically for WSS here it is again.

https://medium.com/@stevenbriansamuel/h … 043c1e0e1a

One comment resonates with me:

Funny, serious, real .. and perhaps that is why in the Caribbean, despite the history of slavery and colonization, we don’t hate white people. In our culture we seem to cope with setbacks by briefly taking them seriously then laughing them off so they don’t fester. Thrashing the Brits ocassionally at cricket seems to be enough therapy. Thanks Brian for the expressive penmanship. I relived and enjoyed every minute of it.

You see, WSS, I find that black people who live most of their lives in USA or UK tend to feel resentment and racism more than us, who don't live in white countries. Maybe it's natural? Yeah there's racism in the Caribbean, but here it's not "top-down racism" - we're equal-opportunity racists lol!! We call a spade a spade, a redman a redman, and we're better off for it. Like my uncle wrote in a letter to my father in 1962, describing the end of another one of his romantic entanglements:

"I broke off diplomatic relations with Rita. I simply had my guts full of her egoism and uselessness as a woman except for one thing. Up to now we still pass each other as Coolie pass Chinee!"

#12 Mar 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

You are missing my point. Human beings have always had a class system. I am a social studies teacher who teaches Ancient Civilization: Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, Greece and Rome. It is our human history to have a group of people who are captured and used as slaves. In our case the Africans took the role of the lower class. But our struggle was at first to liberate ourselves and gained freedom-- which we did. Thanks to our brave ancestors-- the ones who sacrificed themselves so that we could live a better life. Even in Africa there was a class system for the kings and his chieftains ruled while their subjects followed. Even Africans had slaves, other tribes whom they captured in war.

I have no animosity against England and her people. We are the ones who have the problem for we cannot let go of England. Our history, which is intertwined with theirs has been hell! Why do we get excited at their presence? Sure, building diplomatic relationship with them is not a bad idea but the effort to keep us dependent on them as children is what I resent. They have to monopolize trades and, we the darkies, have to suffer.  When we stay fixated with them, we will never grow up!

#13 Mar 23, 2022 10:01 am

Dancer
Active

*** when we say fixated with them , we will never grow up *** .......  "think about   that ,  WSS "

Now back to NH as his post ...  and his one (1) comment , lo.

TWO ( 2)  resonated with me Samuel

'  Some of my best friends are white.. : Lord have mercy ! Where did I hear that . Reverse racism . smh. lol.

and the other
.. I broke off diplomatic relations with Rita ....  .... I simply had my guts full of .....
Except one thing   ..... what is that thing ?   ...sad. lo
" I like the uncle , he called  the 'narcissist '  in 1962. "   Picked up the understanding of how to deal with people like that.

a redman ,  a redman.

My step grandfather , he was 90 years or more , when he met my wife after bringing her to the island --  one of the things out of his mouth was  ... " you married a red woman ",
" I wondered what he was talking about for a minute  -  then sorta smiled and kept quiet.

Coolie pass Chinee ...... famous chit-chat on some islands .  I wonder if WSS , gets the overall substance of the post ? .... too much Ancient civilization.
WSS you need some village education.
Later.

#14 Mar 23, 2022 5:42 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

What is "village education?"

I see. 'The Village education provides for self-education, self-exploration, and self-discovery. Learning requires meaningful experiences that are stored in the brain. Unforgettable moments when the brain is intrigued, and everything clicks. Learning does require listening, but it also requires doing."

You son of a bitch!  Good education is explorative and kinetic-- but it is also not about a good debate; it should be collaborative--meaning: two or more sides work together toward common understanding. You see, you Grenadian men must always be correct! To me, it is always expressing my viewpoint.

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (Mar 23, 2022 5:54 pm)

#15 Mar 23, 2022 7:01 pm

New Historian
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

What is "village education?"

I see. 'The Village education provides for self-education, self-exploration, and self-discovery. Learning requires meaningful experiences that are stored in the brain. Unforgettable moments when the brain is intrigued, and everything clicks. Learning does require listening, but it also requires doing."

You son of a bitch!  Good education is explorative and kinetic-- but it is also not about a good debate; it should be collaborative--meaning: two or more sides work together toward common understanding. You see, you Grenadian men must always be correct! To me, it is always expressing my viewpoint.

What??? There's only one person cussin' about bitch-that and motherfucker-this - and that's YOU. Physician heal thyself, is the cry.

#16 Mar 23, 2022 7:08 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Go on your fishing boat and sail away into oblivion! (Perhaps into the Bermuda triangle).

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (Mar 23, 2022 7:18 pm)

#17 Mar 23, 2022 8:45 pm

Dancer
Active

Here is not a class room and you are not the teacher .  Here be not students WSS . lol.
' Cussing and raging  , gets you no points. I THOUGHT  you would have had something to say about NH uncle 's letter to  his brother "
'But no ...you don't even want to go there''
dangerous waters ...lo. WSS  just a big mouth , but so sensitive .

All I could think of  was ..."  WSS  in need of a spanking " .... am I right ?

Want to go to sea , way , way , out dey.
don't teck she NH.
sad.lol.

#18 Mar 24, 2022 8:48 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Word my brother.

Doh forget to call we PADNAH, he should be in Grenada soon if he is not already there, to see Test Cricket.

Board footer