You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Mar 29, 2022 11:40 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: KUDOS To CHRIS ROCK ...... OSCARS last night.

I have a feeling this isn't rock bottom for Will Smith.  That act seemed psychologically unbalanced to me.  I think this might be just the midpoint in a long story that will be ugly to watch.

#12 Mar 29, 2022 12:49 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

Now you know why even blacks folks around the world have no respect for Africans-Americans.

C'mon Slice.  This act reflects badly on Smith and no one else.

#13 Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Slice is a blatant jackass! Being an Afro-American has nothing to do with Mr. Smith's behavior! I have spoken to many Afro-Americans about his behavior, and they all thought that his action was rather inappropriate. But then again, Slice has no class like Will for if he was offered Jada, he would have taken her. With men like Slice, I should know too well for once a woman gives it away cheaply, he'll be the first to show up with his dirty and tattered mattress!

#14 Mar 29, 2022 7:33 pm

houston
Active

Many believe the incident was staged. Here's why.

-Rock leaned into the slap. Professional wrestlers say that's a technique used to indicate you're prepared.
-The Academy writes the jokes, not the host.
-There is a rehearsal, including the nominees.
-Chris Rock sold more tickets yesterday for his comedy tour than he has on any other date.
-Both have apparently apologized for the incident. No hard feelings?

My question, what's in it for Smith to look like a total asshole?

#15 Mar 29, 2022 7:54 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

A teacher mentioned the same thing to me today. She said that she thought the entire incident was staged. I really do not know what to believe. The profanities spoken on television were horrendous! I really do not know what to believe.

#16 Mar 29, 2022 8:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

houston wrote:

My question, what's in it for Smith to look like a total asshole?

Every time the staged theory is made, I ask that same question.  For what purpose, on the night he was favored for his first Oscar, presumedly the high point of his career, would Smith choose to stage an event that makes him look angry, out of control and borderline psychotic?

The answer must be that there is no purpose because it wasn't staged.

#17 Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm

houston
Active

I doubt he was showing off his acting ability.
He was in a genuine rage.

Board footer