You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Mar 30, 2022 10:01 am

Dancer
Active

Women's Cricket World Cup.

Semi Final   .....

Australia  340   .... West Indies 148

Bare licks West Indies.  ... smh.

Australia will either play  England or South Africa  in Final.

#2 Mar 30, 2022 12:19 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Women's Cricket World Cup.

Ah mean it was not too long ago, the West Indies did something, that I am sure will be rather illusive for awhile to come.  Talking about the under 20  World cup, the Women and also the men won this thing.

Now ah fraid to watch them.  The Indies now is a joke team in all phrases.

I think they are still much respected, because of Holding, Sobers, Viv, Lloyd, Andy Roberts and others. But, ah doh see the Glory days ever coming back.

#3 Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm

New Historian
Active

"Now ah fraid to watch them.  The Indies now is a joke team in all phases."

Hello??? Seen this:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2552251

#4 Mar 31, 2022 6:29 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

We've had our say in the sport. We can't stay on the top forever.

#5 Mar 31, 2022 1:21 pm

Dancer
Active

Good update of the fellas and the English  tour.
So glad NH had some England upbringing , thus a little knowledge of cricket. CAN"t say that about Slice  .

#6 Mar 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

NH is very arrogant as well as sexist! Believe me for I am being mild. He hates Jamaicans but his wife is a Jamaican; he hates teachers, but Jamaican teachers gave him the confidence to have an industrious career which led him to Africa and across the raas globe! Such blasted contradictions! I want to go upside-down his damned head! You're right Dancer, NH knows nothing about cricket!

#7 Apr 01, 2022 9:16 am

Slice
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

We've had our say in the sport. We can't stay on the top forever.

Totally agree, but how the hell you go from being the most respected and best team in the world to where we are today?

Ah doh mind being mediocre, but we below mediocre. Take a look at the Indians or any other serious Cricket team Body language, they are serious and come to play.  Not WT, they look is we are here just because.

Holding, Roberts, Viv, Sobers, Lloyd and these kinds of players, took  the game of cricket very seriously.  I think it was Holding who said every game of cricket he played meant something to him.  It was life or death.

Board footer