You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 May 11, 2022 2:45 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: "Grenada, Confronting The Past" (BBC Documentary Today)

I am referring to your RACE not your nationality! Of course, you know this.

https://ehne.fr/en/encyclopedia/themes/ … lave-trade

#12 May 11, 2022 2:47 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

Ah, so my DNA is bad. My poor choice of a mother and father is reason to be ashamed.  I get it.

See NH?

#13 May 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

White guilt! Denial!  You are a typical specimen of your race!

#14 May 11, 2022 6:18 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

Ah, so my DNA is bad. My poor choice of a mother and father is reason to be ashamed.  I get it.

See NH?

Yes I see, but aren't we bigger, than to be dissuaded by the rantings of seekers of simple solutions? The issue is extremely complex, but I do see a gradual, creeping but hopefully growing acceptance, by influential white thinkers and institutions, that "something" needs to be done, to at least TRY to repair, repay or minimize the obvious lingering legacy of slavery, on the descendants of its victims. Yes, our governments and politicians don't cover themselves with glory, with their tiefing ways, but come on now, should that be any excuse to do nothing? Convenient, but not enough. The donor community is smart, they can come up with ways to deliver real 'reparatory aid' directly to the people - if they want to. That's all it takes: political will. I will repeat, ad nauseam, HAITI!!!!!!

#15 May 11, 2022 7:58 pm

houston
Active

Well said with plenty of wisdom.
If I had a vote for the future Prime Minister of Grenada, it would go to the NH party.

#16 May 11, 2022 8:55 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I agree Houston.  I agree with NH too.  It does get old, however, to be constantly told I should be ashamed of the crimes that are baked into my genes.  Not just here, but by much of the culture.  It's like some kind of racial original sin that I cannot free myself of unless I accept guilt for crimes I did not commit and do it over and over for the rest of my life whenever asked to do so.

#17 May 12, 2022 8:32 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Big stupes. Tired of these breast-beating exposes of white people, suddenly aware of their ancestor's evil deeds - how else you think you got all that money, bitch? "Oh, it turns out that my ancestor owned your ancestor, do you think that's fair?" All-time award for dumb question. Everyone wants to apologize, no one wants to put dey hand in dey pocket. Apology without reparations is an insult.

I read this on FB and like NH, it was really no news.  I think that family might be interesting in some kinda investment in Grenada.

Board footer