You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 11, 2022 9:44 pm

Dancer
Active

Reading for RD : Jesus and John Wayne

I am not sure if anyone on TS has been reading about    ......    US Evangelicals , recently .
"well  ,   they are taking a beating "...

A popular book ,  speaking engagements    for the writer   ,   is all the RAGE.  on U tube , PBS ,    ......... I'll get right into it  ...Lo

..  JESUS AND JOHN WAYNE .
' How white evangelicals  corrupted a faith  and fractured a nation". 

> In her engaging and provocative book , Jesus and John Wayne , Kristin Kobes Du Mez provides what she believes is the answer to that question .
For DuMez , Trump was simply the culmination  of decades  long evangelicals emphasis on hyped up masculinity rooted in patriarchal  views of marriage , family ,  and society combined withe a militant mindset.

From  .... Billy Sunday in 1920s
Poster boy Billy Graham
Loving  war  and Nixon
RD's Tea Party,
Smh.

#2 May 12, 2022 8:06 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Reading for RD : Jesus and John Wayne

As usual, you have me confused with someone else. I am not a Evangelical.  I am a mainstream Protestant.  Just a boring old Lutheran.  We don't evangelize anyone.   We have female pastors and gay members of the congregation.  We are apolitical.

#3 May 12, 2022 8:29 am

Slice
Active

Don't you tink Dancer have something for you? Not sure if its love or lust.  What ah do know is Dancer like men from Iowa.

#4 May 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Dancer
Active

Slice .... get to the subject matter..

Board footer