You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 25, 2022 10:41 pm

houston
Active

Must be said

I don't read the gory details anymore as it happens so often in the U.S.
How anyone could defend the gun lobby activists in that world of constant mass killings is beyond any sensible discussion.
The pro gun lobby is far to powerful. Over and over again, they refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem.
How proud they must feel, I can't imagine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

#2 May 26, 2022 9:50 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Must be said

.  . Poor People March On Washington
June 18 . 2022
' I might be the only one on TS  qualified to join that march .'
sad.

Hope you  are enjoying some good hockey games . houston.

#3 May 26, 2022 1:26 pm

Slice
Active

America got its issues and this kids shooting is one of her many issues.  It is amazing that the Republican will do nothing about it. Right now they are playing for time.  They know by next week the American public will forget this happened.

More than 70% of American wants some kind of Commonsense gun reform.  Republican have no backbone.  Ah bunch of weaklings.  Anytime Ah man bow to another man, who attacked his wife, something is wrong.

#4 May 26, 2022 6:00 pm

houston
Active

Dancer wrote:

.  . Poor People March On Washington
June 18 . 2022
' I might be the only one on TS  qualified to join that march .'
sad.

Hope you  are enjoying some good hockey games . houston.

Interesting to see Connor McDavid bring his game to another level during the playoffs. The Oilers have a legitimate chance of winning the cup with the way he is playing.
How about those Leafs carrying on the losing tradition of being eliminated in the first round?
I like the Oilers chances but rooting for the Blues.
If any team can overcome adversity, the St. Louis Blues certainly now how to do it.

#5 May 26, 2022 6:25 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

America got its issues and this kids shooting is one of her many issues.  It is amazing that the Republican will do nothing about it. Right now they are playing for time.  They know by next week the American public will forget this happened.

More than 70% of American wants some kind of Commonsense gun reform.  Republican have no backbone.  Ah bunch of weaklings.  Anytime Ah man bow to another man, who attacked his wife, something is wrong.

Gun crimes in Canada seem to be catching up with those in the states.
Much stricter gun laws here but the politicians are developing an unsturdy backbone.
The majority of guns involved in crime here come from the states. They are more profitable than drugs for the criminals thugs that live a life of theft, robbery and killing.
The thugs will continue to find new ways to smuggle the abundance of U.S. guns into Canada.
Amazing that a lightweight drone is capable of carrying so much weight and destruction over a river, completely undetected.

https://www.theobserver.ca/news/local-n … n-tree-opp

#6 May 26, 2022 6:52 pm

houston
Active

Bonokoski agrees, but what can you do when so many guns are easily smuggled across a largely unprotected border?

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis … -smuggling

Board footer