You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Jun 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Dancer
Active

OBEAH in Reggae Land.

I wonder if  Ms WSS   could  turn down the fire  ..

.... and  give the boy some 'home grown and   research  ,  below the surface ,  about Obeah in Jamaica.

After  reading of   her sending some fire , for   Moby  ,  the Rose Hall  House of  Montego Bay and its witch came into  view. lo.

> OBEAH in JAMaica    .
Obeah  arrived in  the Caribbean via the slave trade from West Africa.
The slaves used obeah to (protect ? ) themselves  from their brutal masters. Many a revolt was spurred on and encourage by the Obeah man or woman.
Slaves oweners became wary of Obeah and it was made illegal to practice in Jamaica. Still illegal  it seems.
Since WSS ran around researching old plantation houses  , you  must have come across Obeah stories , Nanny of the maroons .
Queen Nanny Magickal Jamaican Tea .
Join a coven ?

#2 Jun 04, 2022 7:12 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: OBEAH in Reggae Land.

Really, Dancer? Obeah is not only in Jamaica it is in every country around the globe that has an African population.

#3 Jun 04, 2022 8:34 pm

New Historian
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

Really, Dancer? Obeah is not only in Jamaica it is in every country around the globe that has an African population.

Every single one, and the amazing thing is: from Jamaica to Cuba to Haiti to Brazil, the Voudou traditions and symbols are all remarkably similar. All from one common root: Africa. Specifically, the so-called Gold Coast, from Cameroon to Senegal. If you're black and from the Caribbean, you don't need to do an ancestry test: that's where you're from.

#4 Jun 05, 2022 7:02 am

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Dancer, would you like me to obeah yuh? We could talk about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSKhqVSeFM

Last edited by Wide Sargasso Sea (Jun 05, 2022 7:07 am)

#5 Jun 05, 2022 12:27 pm

Dancer
Active

Again ?
I went to Madame Zola  early this morning  . How can I break the current spell.
'she sings , all the time  ' I am going to cast a spell on you . 
...Deflect she said , deflect.
" I  know  a subject ,  Ms Zola  , but  he is in the same boat ."
" Maybe worst than me "

>>>>>>>>> but I am  willing to take a chance ,  obeah me .

Board footer