You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Jun 07, 2022 12:22 pm

New Historian
Active

A stroll to Levera

To recap: The Government of Grenada, with the backing of CBI and some unknown Chinese developers, want to transform the Levera National Park, from the ‘pure’ unspoilt beauty on the left, to the crass carbuncle on the right:

According to the project developers, Grenada National Resort Project (real imaginative name, that one), this is a US$2.1 billion project, of which US$70 million has already been spent . Really? That’s really impressive, I’d like to see this wonderful progress. So last Sunday, 5th June, 2022, with my trusty sidekick Buddy, I decided to go on a little stroll, up in the north end of the island, to see this progress for myself.

What progress? About two years ago they erected some prefab housing units for the construction workers who would presumably soon be arriving, but that’s it. When I was there, the site was deserted, not even a watchman. Buddy and I strolled through the whole place: not a human in sight. And no sign of US$70 million in construction, either. They’ve painted the old club house building blue, but it sure didn’t cost US$70 million, nor did the prefab housing units and rusting containers, spread around the site.

The lady who sold me delicious fry fish and bakes at Bathway Beach said that up until last year, they used to see Chinese coming and going, but she hasn’t seen them for months now. I enquired: But wouldn’t a big new hotel bring some much-needed development to the area?

“No, it would mash it up. I don’t want them to change anything up here.”

Wise woman.

Levera6.jpg

Levera7.jpg

#2 Jun 07, 2022 1:06 pm

Wide Sargasso Sea
Active

Re: A stroll to Levera

How can you transform such natural beauty into an artificial-looking piece of shit? The West Indies is not China or Europe. It's landscape it very different and those ugly gargantuan structures do not look good in our landscape. We have gone through a specific history and other structures from other terrain do not belong there! The upgrade is truly a piece of shit!

#3 Jun 07, 2022 3:14 pm

New Historian
Active

"The upgrade is truly a piece of shit!"

Correction: downgrade lol!

#4 Jun 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Opera-Snapshot-2022-06-07-144401-i-pinimg-com.png

#5 Jun 08, 2022 12:18 am

New Historian
Active

Wide Sargasso Sea wrote:

How can you transform such natural beauty into an artificial-looking piece of shit? The West Indies is not China or Europe. It's landscape it very different and those ugly gargantuan structures do not look good in our landscape. We have gone through a specific history and other structures from other terrain do not belong there! The upgrade is truly a piece of shit!

But this monstrosity, and all the others like it and, unbelievable as that may seem, worse, are all the vision, the creation of that man you think is doing 'a great job': Tiefin Keet! You have NO IDEA of the kinds of shit going down, in my beloved likkle island, and it pisses me off. I've never been a party man, in 2013 I voted Keet, but things change, and so should leaders. Regularly.

More tirades in the pipeline...

And if you think that monstrosity is bad enough, check out this other monument to bad taste, planned by some other shady Chinese:

Hartman6.jpg

Hartman7.jpg

#6 Jun 08, 2022 5:11 pm

Slice
Active

True.  I think the Greedy Bastards in the Caribbean, have no idea, the price they are going to pay, dealing with them Chinese.

Board footer