You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Jun 04, 2017 9:52 am

New Historian

Re: Wind Power

Ya just can't win lol!!

#12 Jun 04, 2017 5:09 pm

houston

http://www.windontario.ca/

I have no problem with Green energy. I do have a problem with the assumption that Green is good, Green is great. Sell it Green and the public will swallow it up. I have a problem with how it is managed, who profits and who pays.
The attached link is long winded and based on the effects of wind energy in Ontario but it does give some interesting numbers and reasons why these majestic things can cause such controversy.
Of course there are pros and cons with anything these days and it is very difficult for Joe Public to decide which data is accurate and truthful and which is not.
I do know that Joe and Josephine Ontarian are paying a hell of a lot more for electricity today than they were a few years ago. There seems to be a lot of profiteers in this big industrial business of Green Energy.

#13 Jun 04, 2017 7:23 pm

New Historian

"The attached link is long winded"

Boom

#14 Jun 04, 2017 7:59 pm

houston

You got it. People don't care to pay attention. They would much rather glide around on motorcycles wearing the patch of Green and wishing that all the world could be in harmony like a mountain passage.

#15 Jun 04, 2017 8:31 pm

New Historian

Hey hey hey, leave motorbikes outta this lol!!

#16 Jun 05, 2017 6:32 am

Slice

I am for wind, solar and natural gas, but I will never buy an Electric car.  Just love the sound of combustible engine.

#17 Jun 05, 2017 1:42 pm

New Historian

Slice wrote:

I am for wind, solar and natural gas, but I will never buy an Electric car.  Just love the sound of combustible engine.

Hear-hear! Vroom vroom!

#18 Jun 05, 2017 6:33 pm

houston

C'mon, that E-bike doesn't sound like the good Ole days!

#19 Jun 05, 2017 7:02 pm

New Historian

The good old days? The good old days are nowadays lol!!

Growler.jpg

Board footer