You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#41 Jul 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: I absolutely love England and all things English...

By the way, we in the US have insurance to keep us from being wiped out with medical costs.  Should that fail, we have a backup.  It is called Not Paying The Bill. smile

#42 Jul 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

By the way, we in the US have insurance to keep us from being wiped out with medical costs.  Should that fail, we have a backup.  It is called Not Paying The Bill. smile

Up until Obamacare you had potential exclusions for having previous conditions, and bleat as you might, it has been plainly stated that there would have been insurance cost rises irrespective of Obamacare. Perhaps they may have been for different reasons and in different sectors, but increases would have occurred.

But to return to the point. Yes you have insurance to protect you... That's just what the National Insurance charges are..... And they are CONSIDERABLY less than your American private insurance.... BY a vast amount of difference. No where near AT ALL.

As stated the UK health care system is in a very bad place at the moment, but it is my firm belief that it is part of a greater plan to convince the public your kind of system would be the way to go. Thereby relieving the Government of a major headache.

Shades of making an unwanted employee run ragged until they quit instead of having top lay them off and pay compensation.

#43 Jul 15, 2017 6:59 am

Slice
Active

Here is something ah doh understand about the Health system in America.  One of my congress person has MS.  She was on air yesterday saying the drugs for her MS is made in America, and the cost is Seventy Three thousand dollars, and that same drug in England is seven thousand dollars.  What the hell is going on here?

#44 Jul 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Here is something ah doh understand about the Health system in America.  One of my congress person has MS.  She was on air yesterday saying the drugs for her MS is made in America, and the cost is Seventy Three thousand dollars, and that same drug in England is seven thousand dollars.  What the hell is going on here?

Apart from opportunism and greed... America IS the land of opportunity after all, it is probably the insurance factor.

If you have a car crash and you go to the repair shop ask what it will cost if you pay for the repair as you don't want to lose your no claims bonus. Then check back and tell them the cost is too much and you are going with the insurance company. Just watch the repairs cost sky rocket

The same applies with medicine. You are in a vicious cycle of greed. The Hospitals are a business, so want to maximise their profits, the Drug Companies want their investment money back plus a healthy profit. Add into that the Insurance companies are not in the business for the love of it, and you are being screwed with a huge dildo with no Vaseline.

#45 Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, I am in Paris now but I like London more.

#46 Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Well, I am in Paris now but I like London more.

The buggers don't speak English... Can you imagine that.

Both places seem to be getting dangerous.

Paris and London both Terrorist targets, plus it seems throwing acid at people is getting to be the in thing in London.

You just gotta lurve Grenada.

Board footer