You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#21 Nov 25, 2016 5:33 am

Calypso
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

MRP life is very short. Most do not live beyond 70 years. Those people returned to their homeland just to die. They want to die in the country they were born and not in a foreign land. As for me I've always wanted to live in Madrid, Spain. My plan is that I will retire at aged 61 and live off my pension in Madrid. I'll travel to Portugal, Italy, France Belgium and Luxenbourg and soak up European culture. Will I make it? I don't know but I have a plan. Trump cannot deliver most of his plans but he knows how to rally up the people. We should never look for politicians to help us solve our problems. We should take charge of our lives.

Offline

#22 Nov 25, 2016 7:41 am

Slice
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Mt Rich Possi wrote:

Slice lots of people that return to Grenada don't live past 10 years after they return..  I know numerous people that work their backside in North America.... When they return home they end up kicking the bucket after 4 to 5 years..

With Trump as the President there going to be lots of Grenadians going back home... I received a few email messages from some friends in Brooklyn that are very worried about the Trump presidency..  As a matter of fact right after Trump won the Election the Canadian website crashed because people want to jump ship and run to Canada..

I think Trump better build a wall here in Canada as well..  Some people already packed their bags and ready to move to Canada.

Here is a good advice for you Slice... Take this from an old friend called MRP..... You already in your 60's I suggest you keep you little backside quiet and stay in the U.S... Or else you might end up kicking the bucket before you hit the age of 70 if you move back to Grenada... Go and enjoy yourself on Vacations but don't move back home....

Mt Rich Possi

Yesterday, ah was hanging with some folks from Brooklyn.  I was kinda shock to hear that a number of West Indians voted for Trump.  Ah wonder if GMW was one of them?

But MRP,  it is every Grenadian dream to return back home one day, right?  We go dead anyway, so what is the point?  Man everyone should realize their dream.

Offline

#23 Nov 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Mademoiselle MI9
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

me din know, you Jamaican.  Wha you looking for in ah Grenadian forum?  Hey doh take no offence to me questions.  It is just ah question.


Everyone on this forum knows that I'm a Jamaican. I don't know how you didn't. Dancer refers to me as the "JA," Mansah calls me the "Jamaikan" MRP, etc. and etc.  I am Caribbean and that is why I am here. Lilly tried to run me off this forum on several occasions but I love it. It keeps me in touch with the Caribbean community.

All ah go say is sweet.

Slice one thing with those kind of Forums I could tell you I live right next to you in Baltimore when really and truly I  maybe living in Grenada, Canada, New Zealand, London, Mexico, or anywhere in the world, especially if I am involved in a life watching people or people also watching me, it's how a person live, I could tell you where I am from why some people choose to lie to Others, it's not nice at all
Lying destroys relationships for good. Some people can't help lying  for no good reason it's part of who they are.
Sometimes  it better to ignore a question than to disrespect a poster by lying, it may work for some.

Offline

#24 Nov 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Mademoiselle MI9
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

You got that damned right! Jamaica is so blasted poor! I'd like to return one last time to spend a summer there, traveling to my childhood haunts. I don't think it is safe to return there. I know a woman who sends her mother's medication down to the island monthly and have her come to the US for her yearly check up. My retirement check will go very far in JA but who will take care of me when I'm old. Here in America the government will. GOD BLESS AMERICA WITH ITS BENEFITS! Our government do not invest in the old. When we are young, we could come and go to the islands as we please because we can't do it again when we are old!


me din know, you Jamaican.  Wha you looking for in ah Grenadian forum?  Hey doh take no offence to me questions.  It is just ah question.


Everyone on this forum knows that I'm a Jamaican. I don't know how you didn't. Dancer refers to me as the "JA," Mansah calls me the "Jamaikan" MRP, etc. and etc.  I am Caribbean and that is why I am here. Lilly tried to run me off this forum on several occasions but I love it. It keeps me in touch with the Caribbean community.

Everyone? Speak for yourself, you think all Grenadians stupid right?  Why people try to run you because you ah lie to much, it may work for Trump. But dog luck is not cat luck. Go ahead.
Calypso  how does it feel to pretend to be something you are not. You are a total disrespect to people who was born and went to school in the Carribbean by pretending, why are you so ashamed of where you really from?
So you say you live in America? Which part? One thing about you, you gonna be who you want to be no stopping you. You want to be a Carribbean person living in America, ok let's say for argument sake, you are a Carribbean person, who went to some schooling in Carribbean, whether, in abc or secondary,  lets say you also took schooling in America. But which part in America?  So you got certificates for school in America and maybe Carribean,  that  means you have Carribbean  and American ways
Together definitely, but my dear you had both worlds, or you just here  on this site learning like a freaking alien, who never saw Jamaica as a child and never lived in America, slice is right, a lot of us here won't blog on Jamaica site, we will quicker look for a site in the west if ever. We do not find Jamaica Site appealing to us no hard feelings.
Why are you not happy with yourself? Or who you really are? What a shame.
Why  you can't big up where you come from?
What's the difference?

Offline

#25 Nov 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Mademoiselle MI9
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Mt Rich Possi wrote:

Slice lots of people that return to Grenada don't live past 10 years after they return..  I know numerous people that work their backside in North America.... When they return home they end up kicking the bucket after 4 to 5 years..

With Trump as the President there going to be lots of Grenadians going back home... I received a few email messages from some friends in Brooklyn that are very worried about the Trump presidency..  As a matter of fact right after Trump won the Election the Canadian website crashed because people want to jump ship and run to Canada..

I think Trump better build a wall here in Canada as well..  Some people already packed their bags and ready to move to Canada.

Here is a good advice for you Slice... Take this from an old friend called MRP..... You already in your 60's I suggest you keep you little backside quiet and stay in the U.S... Or else you might end up kicking the bucket before you hit the age of 70 if you move back to Grenada... Go and enjoy yourself on Vacations but don't move back home....

Mt Rich Possi


They should flood Canada and take your job since you wanted this Physco in the White House
He will show America a nice face beg for unity but, what will happen to the underdogs , what will he plan behind the scene, the blacks that voted Trump have no hope, America is divided, Trump is an all American put that in your pipe and smoke it, maybe you will find a bible quote to reply. Then I will find one too

Offline

#26 Nov 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Mademoiselle MI9
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

If they plan on going to settle, they have to go back regular not just going after how many years without visiting the climate  in the westindies plays a big part in their death. They can't expect to spend all these years in the cold, never put foot there, become a pensioner and then just make a move, what you wrote about their sudden decline on arrival to stay, have some truth, but you will also find Those who returned regular last just as long as those older folks who are there always.
They have to go often to climatize first, it's like you if you know you are going to return. Make a few trips at least once a year or  more, or you will meet the exact fate you just described.

Some of these people come back home sick too with their ailments.

Offline

#27 Nov 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Mademoiselle MI9
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Testing

Offline

#28 Nov 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Slice
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

Mademoiselle MI9 wrote:
Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Everyone on this forum knows that I'm a Jamaican. I don't know how you didn't. Dancer refers to me as the "JA," Mansah calls me the "Jamaikan" MRP, etc. and etc.  I am Caribbean and that is why I am here. Lilly tried to run me off this forum on several occasions but I love it. It keeps me in touch with the Caribbean community.

All ah go say is sweet.

Slice one thing with those kind of Forums I could tell you I live right next to you in Baltimore when really and truly I  maybe living in Grenada, Canada, New Zealand, London, Mexico, or anywhere in the world, especially if I am involved in a life watching people or people also watching me, it's how a person live, I could tell you where I am from why some people choose to lie to Others, it's not nice at all
Lying destroys relationships for good. Some people can't help lying  for no good reason it's part of who they are.
Sometimes  it better to ignore a question than to disrespect a poster by lying, it may work for some.

You saying you never lie?

Offline

#29 Dec 04, 2016 3:53 pm

twerk Blogger
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

If I'm applying for a loan past the age of 60 that means I have made some critical errors in my life. For me, Grenada is a jumpoff point to party at some point in the year. I was born there but that is it, I can't even smoke a joint without people looking down on me or me potentially getting arrested. Why build a home when I can use a hotel room? Keith could stay dey with he taxes. Jamaica is much closer to America and everything Irie.

Offline

#30 Dec 05, 2016 9:20 am

Slice
Member

Re: FOLKS ARE NO LONGER REALIZING, THEIR DREAM, of RETURNING TO GRENADA

twerk Blogger wrote:

If I'm applying for a loan past the age of 60 that means I have made some critical errors in my life. For me, Grenada is a jumpoff point to party at some point in the year. I was born there but that is it, I can't even smoke a joint without people looking down on me or me potentially getting arrested. Why build a home when I can use a hotel room? Keith could stay dey with he taxes. Jamaica is much closer to America and everything Irie.




"If I'm applying for a loan past the age of 60 that means I have made some critical errors in my life." Well most of us doh have it like you.  In a way, it doh mean anything, because you doh have no plans to return to Grenada, anyway, that is if you Grenadian.

So your post was ah waste ah good time anyway.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB