You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 02, 2017 9:51 am

Slice
Active

I AM HOPING IN THE COMING MONTHS, I COULD RETIRE.

That keeps me watching the market.  Yesterday, I saw this guy on MSNBC, and he said the market is due for correction.  He however, went on to say, he is still in the market and keeping ah watchful eye on it.  That leaves me at ah crossroads.  Should I pull out me little bit ah retirement money, take it and run or play ah bit longer?

Wifee say take it and run, but the gambler in me wants to stay until the very last minute.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ … ar-AApigYQ

#2 Aug 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Expat
Active

Re: I AM HOPING IN THE COMING MONTHS, I COULD RETIRE.

Who knows,

I got triple screwed, the Pound nosedived thanks to the Banking fiasco... Screw one.

This fricked the Annuity business just as I was committed to taking early retirement.... Screw two.

Brexit punched the pound into freefall.... where does most of my spendings come from... The fricked UK.... screw 3, or bluntly..... screw me.

Hey buddy , can you spare a dime.

#3 Aug 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Who wants to retire?  I love work.  I intend to do it until I can't anymore.

#4 Aug 04, 2017 6:59 am

Slice
Active

Do you like work or you like the finance that comes to you.  RD if I were you, I would say the same.  You doh work, you make money.  You are probably one of the riches folk in your state.  BONJAY!  hope ah din let your secret out.

#5 Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am far from at the top of the state rankings.  Work is rewarding.  I don't know what else to do.

#6 Aug 04, 2017 9:00 am

Slice
Active

There ent no doubt, that work can be very rewarding, but as one gets ah bit older and the Younger folks are being hired, it is time to move to hell out.  Some of the new folks in authority irritates the hell outa me.  One I have to go to her office almost daily and educate her.  She has no clue about most things, still she is someone in authority.  That drives me crazy.  It is time for me to get too hell out.

After 36 years with one company, ah gone.  Lord ah hope and prayer the boss doh ask me to hang on.  One already ask, for six months. I ent answer him yet.

#7 Aug 04, 2017 7:48 pm

houston
Active

Slice, "the only thing good about your golden age is the golden colour of your golden urine", so the doctor says.

#8 Aug 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Who wants to retire?  I love work.  I intend to do it until I can't anymore.

See, I never could understand THAT.... Maybe I do work, in fact I suppose I have to admit on occasion I work very hard, As Slice has had an inkling of.  I also have projects on the go that may or may not be fiscally rewarding, but it is not going to be "Work".

Work was something I did from 17 to 57. Funny probably the best time in my working career was when it was physically hard, and mentally taxing, when I was building cars for RR.  Even though I found alternative employment for 17 years after being made redundant when the factory closed down, and have job titles for that period, I really think of myself as a "Coach Builder" "Motor Vehicle Body Builder" "Skilled Worker". Not a Manager.

During THAT period I enjoyed work. But even then I only worked to live.  I never lived to work.

Now I meander my way through challenges, but it is not Work.

Excuse me now while take the blo-dy dog for a walk.... now that is work!!!!

#9 Aug 04, 2017 11:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I must feel productive at all times.  Even my vacations are generally about learning.  It is like a compulsion.

#10 Aug 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I must feel productive at all times.  Even my vacations are generally about learning.  It is like a compulsion.

Dudesky, you are working for you and yours, if the compulsion works for you, then your family will be grateful.

Me, I have interests, but as far as "work" goes unless necessary, like stopping the land turning into a forest, I figure "work" will still be there after I am gone, so who gives a flying thingy. You cant take it in the box with you.

Board footer