You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Slice
Active

Re: RD ............ A Question for you

I tend to wanna agree with RD on this one also, the folks who are involved with both movements are society rejects. The leader of the BLM in Ferguson was found dead in his car selling drugs.  Dylan was not ah pusher, but he did not fit it.

#12 Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Black nationalism is in RESPONSE to generations of white racism, they cannot be compared. It's like young white South Africans saying "We didn't benefit from apartheid". Oh really? Oh please!

Hist, can the two be compared.  I got you, but it is almost like comparing mandarin to bluggo.  Here is why ah doh like the comparison, what percentage of White Americans you think support the KKK and Nazis movement?  I am willing to bet ah great white majority in SA supported the apartheid system.

#13 Aug 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

GOP REP says  "  I detest white supremacy as much as I detest black nationalism ."

I wonder if  RD would explain what black nationalism is ? ( trying to get behind platitudes coming from 'tea party and followers )
platitudes are pictures    too .... like that 1942 WW2 Army  pic )

so

Have there be any on this TS. . " no,  no, not ,  D@man , .lol
JA.

Not Fake.
Iowa has 4 hate  groups . ..... ' not too bad.'
Compared to  New York  at a million
California  , a zillion ?

s

>>>>>Black nationalism (BN) advocates a racial definition (or redefinition) of national identity for African Americans. There are different indigenous nationalist philosophies, but the principles of black nationalist ideologies are unity and self-determination—that is, separation, or independence, from European society.<<<<<<<<

I too do not like black nationalism. During the early part of the 20th century, Marcus Garvey led of force of millions of peoples of African descent to reject the ideals of European society and to look to Africa, the continent, as their  motherland. When the Africans were taken from their lands to the Americas, Africa was no longer their home, therefore, they fought the long and hard fight to be integrated into the society into which they were taken. That was the right thing to do. We can't fight to be free of European society for it is a part of our fiber. We must always fight to compete with them, to be a part of it. We must fight to let them accept our blackness, knowing that it is not inferior. I loathe separatism, like the KKK's ideology, it breeds hate and ignorance.  We can blend into different cultures without intermarriage. blending is to be fully integrated into a society and having all rights as anyone.i

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 16, 2017 5:39 pm)

#14 Aug 17, 2017 7:24 am

Slice
Active

Slice wrote:

I tend to wanna agree with RD on this one also, the folks who are involved with both movements are society rejects. The leader of the BLM in Ferguson was found dead in his car selling drugs.  Dylan was not ah pusher, but he did not fit it.

Here is what I thought was very interesting about your piece yesterday,  Last night ah saw a number of commenters on TV, who said the very same thing you said.  I saw two folks who are KKK, that made me think you are very correct with your assessment of them.

The toughest guy one TV, once he found out there was ah warrant out for his arrest, he starting crying.  Then this Young punk, maybe he did not know what he was getting into, when confronted by the other side, he ran like hell and took off his KKK T-shirt, and started begging for mercy.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 17, 2017 10:25 am)

Board footer