You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 17, 2017 9:55 am

Dancer
Active

COSMETICS and Women of Color

Cosmetics designed for Black women pose danger to health.
While 40% is safe for white women, less than 25% is safe for women of color.

While reading this news , I thought of our missing health guru.

I wonder how Don is surviving  these times.
Trump times.
He is not letting off steam  on TS.  How is he dealing with  dese stressful days ?
Eating more greens  and herbs ?

Well I know one thing he is not doing (or cannot do  , playing  a relaxing  game of cricket )

Soooo Sad. lol

Don the WI  cricket team is in Hingland  , playing a couple of tests.

Would you be catching a game or two ?   ( ah mean , just catching some scores and ting )

#2 Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: COSMETICS and Women of Color

Regardless of race, it keeps making me wonder how a person can cover his/her skin, give him/herself a differing look from his/her natural one, and not be a bit worried about having to be exposed naked to, maybe, another astonished person. Or simply handling two different versions of him/herself. Some women cannot handle it to leave their homes without being made up.

Foundation getting rubbed on one's lover's skin. On the clothes. Then this greasy stuff called lipstick, which is getting eaten with every kiss, or with food, and hastily getting reapplied ... how many times a day? Etc.

A bit of something around my eyes, also called kajal, is OK for me. Nothing much more.

Yes wondering where Don is.

#3 Aug 19, 2017 7:28 am

Dancer
Active

" a bit of something around my eyes , also called ' kajal' ... nothing much more ".

Oh,oh , we have a plain Jane ,  scary , no decorations .
Plain Vanni.
that is so sad. 

Vanni lol.

What's your take on Trump and state of things Vanni ? Will we be better off or worst , when he is turfed out of office ?

#4 Aug 19, 2017 11:27 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

" a bit of something around my eyes , also called ' kajal' ... nothing much more ".

Oh,oh , we have a plain Jane ,  scary , no decorations .
Plain Vanni.
that is so sad. 

Vanni lol.

What's your take on Trump and state of things Vanni ? Will we be better off or worst , when he is turfed out of office ?

Dancer, this is not about jealousy but admiration. She is charismatic, very bright, energetic. I hope she stays in politics and go a long way.

#5 Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Vanni
Active

I am more busy cultivating the best I can my body and soul. And add just touches of colour ... not enough to make me look different and scare someone & myself should I dare to appear without the stuff tongue

Dancer, obviously, it depends on who comes after Trump. However, I am expecting a massive transformation in politicians, as well as in politics. We've been playing that sick game long enough. It's reached beyond absurd. And whether we admit it to ourselves or not: we are very, very weary. We need to drop appearances, lies and manipulations, get substance, authenticity. We need to progress toward honesty, transparency, brotherhood, co-operation (vs competition), spiritual values, if we want to make sense of our humanity.

Last edited by Vanni (Aug 19, 2017 9:28 pm)

Board footer