You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 22, 2017 8:43 am

Dancer
Active

R.I.P. Mr Dick Gregory

Tributes to a Brother Man.

>>> Social  justice warrior who turned his focus to the movement rather than his comedy career after he endured the pain of losing friends and fellow activists such as Medgar Evers and MLK to violence <<<<

-  As a teen  coming to  North  America  in the seventies , Gregory was a voice for the cause.  HIGH 5.

#2 Aug 22, 2017 10:41 am

Slice
Active

Re: R.I.P. Mr Dick Gregory

Dancer you kinda ole.

#3 Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am

piratejenny

Jeesh, being "kinda ole" is a bad thing? Slice you gonna get there soon when your former graceful body does not move like it once did.

I remember Dick Gregory from the 60s. I am thinking hard on why people praising and remembering Jerry Lewis much more than Dick Gregory. Yep, you think so and that's it - unspoken but there.

Three to four posts on my way to ten.

#4 Aug 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Calypso
Active

piratejenny wrote:

Jeesh, being "kinda ole" is a bad thing? Slice you gonna get there soon when your former graceful body does not move like it once did.

I remember Dick Gregory from the 60s. I am thinking hard on why people praising and remembering Jerry Lewis much more than Dick Gregory. Yep, you think so and that's it - unspoken but there.

Three to four posts on my way to ten.

;';

I remember reading his autobiography called "[racist word]" in college. I said to myself how lucky to be born black and Caribbean without having to deal with hearing that word. I had a chance to be and accept blackness without the drama or degradation. Afro-Americans have been through a lot with the white man. It is his quest for superiority that has made the world such a damned ugly place to be in.

Board footer