You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Expat
Active

Africas population set to double in the next 30 years.

So I guess that means even more migrants to Europe? Because obviously Europe will have been responsible for the population increase.... No?

#2 Aug 21, 2017 2:39 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Africas population set to double in the next 30 years.

Expat wrote:

So I guess that means even more migrants to Europe? Because obviously Europe will have been responsible for the population increase.... No?

Africans must know that life is not about breeding like mosquitos without having resources to feed your children.  I admire the European middle-class mentality. To them it's all about the quality of life which should be respected. I one watched a video about the Rwandan genocide. There was the woman who lived in a hut with 6 children all were killed during the war. After the war, she had three more children and was poorer. Life is about quality not quantity.

#3 Aug 22, 2017 8:22 am

Dancer
Active

We know where Expat is coming from ... confused with his statement . Personally I would like him to explain what he meant.
But You ?
Where is Mansah.

#4 Aug 22, 2017 11:38 am

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

We know where Expat is coming from ... confused with his statement . Personally I would like him to explain what he meant.
But You ?
Where is Mansah.

I think Calypso expressed it quite eloquently.

I would only add, and I am sure this is the bit you really want.... that there is a never ending beating of breasts and calls for "Europeans" to be held responsible for every bad eventuality on the Great Continent because of some side effect or other of Colonialism. But how the frances are you going to make the Europeans responsible for the can't keep the flies buttoned syndrome?

One has to assume it hasn't only just happened, so millions of the disadvantaged who are in poverty..... mainly due to their own leaders, and the thousands that try to make their way to the promised land on the other side of the Mediterranean are probably only in that bad way because if Imperialism, not an inability to control their penis.

The rapid spread of Aids up the Continent was mainly due to truck drivers shagging every whore along the Northern route, and then bringing the disease back to their wives and families. At some point taking responsibility for your own actions comes into play.

There is no doubt that the European influence has had negative impacts along the way, but having insisted on Independence 50 or 60 years ago in most cases, at some point those in charge have to accept more than a little degree of responsibility for the current state of affairs.

#5 Aug 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Dancer wrote:

But You ?
Where is Mansah.

I think Calypso expressed it quite eloquently.

I would only add, and I am sure this is the bit you really want.... that there is a never ending beating of breasts and calls for "Europeans" to be held responsible for every bad eventuality on the Great Continent because of some side effect or other of Colonialism. But how the frances are you going to make the Europeans responsible for the can't keep the flies buttoned syndrome?

One has to assume it hasn't only just happened, so millions of the disadvantaged who are in poverty..... mainly due to their own leaders, and the thousands that try to make their way to the promised land on the other side of the Mediterranean are probably only in that bad way because if Imperialism, not an inability to control their penis.

The rapid spread of Aids up the Continent was mainly due to truck drivers shagging every whore along the Northern route, and then bringing the disease back to their wives and families. At some point taking responsibility for your own actions comes into play.

There is no doubt that the European influence has had negative impacts along the way, but having insisted on Independence 50 or 60 years ago in most cases, at some point those in charge have to accept more than a little degree of responsibility for the current state of affairs.

As the population increases in Africa, many will continue to run to European countries to take refuge. They will continue to threat them badly. If we want to make Africa better then control the growth of its population. Make education accessible to everyone so that they are more skilled. I am not a fan of Trump but I love the fact that he cut Welfare and make going to college more accessible for the quality of life begins when we can take care of ourselves without having to ask the damned government for anything.

#6 Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Expat
Active

While I absolutely agree with you that education helps people to help themselves.

I am not a fan of higher education on demand.

In the UK, while it has not been free for a long time now, anybody and their donkey can go to University and get some half assed degree with some pretty feeble exam results, as compared to a few decades back where it might even have been free to UK citizens, but you had to have really good grades to get in. Often times it was only the well off that had been educated well enough to get in, so it could be very elitist. The pendulum has swung too far the other way.

The result has been the value of the degree has diminished.

#7 Aug 23, 2017 12:11 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

While I absolutely agree with you that education helps people to help themselves.

In the UK, while it has not been free for a long time now, anybody and their donkey can go to University and get some half assed degree with some pretty feeble exam results, as compared to a few decades back where it might even have been free to UK citizens, but you had to have really good grades to get in. Often times it was only the well off that had been educated well enough to get in, so it could be very elitist. The pendulum has swung too far the other way.e result has been the value of the degree has diminished.

As a person of African descent, I think education opens your eyes to a lot of things you wouldn't have realized. If more blacks are educated and can compete with whites for jobs there'll be more tension but they'll be more better-off. They'll be more reluctant to sit on their asses and take it as it comes and fight more for what they want!

#8 Aug 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

In the UK, while it has not been free for a long time now, anybody and their donkey can go to University and get some half assed degree with some pretty feeble exam results, as compared to a few decades back where it might even have been free to UK citizens, but you had to have really good grades to get in. Often times it was only the well off that had been educated well enough to get in, so it could be very elitist. The pendulum has swung too far the other way.e result has been the value of the degree has diminished.

As a person of African descent, I think education opens your eyes to a lot of things you wouldn't have realized. If more blacks are educated and can compete with whites for jobs there'll be more tension but they'll be more better-off. They'll be more reluctant to sit on their asses and take it as it comes and fight more for what they want!

I don't think being of African descent has bugger all to do with it. All races, and economic background should be able to benefit from education. Not everyone seems to gain anything from a privileged position  D Trump springs to mind.... he can barely put two sentences together without repeating himself at least once.

But certainly disadvantaged peoples across the World can certainly become much more useful to themselves and the society in which they live if they had a higher level of education.

I hear the cry Oh the Blackman is disadvantaged.... and I accept this is still the case on an individual level... we all hit barriers for various reasons.

Yet we have just had a Black President, and in more than one administration very high level Black people in very serious positions of power. I keep on seeing Black Presenters, Comedians, Sportsmen, Lawyers, Judges, high ranking officers in the forces etc etc.... how many role models do people need before they realise THEY CAN DO IT TOO.

Just the other day my attention was drawn to the Black President or CEO of Merk or what ever that Chemical super conglomerate is.... His father was a Janitor.... why could he get to be a super being and others can't.  It HAS to be down to their own personal ambitions, and to a degree the individual ladder they have to climb.

I am just an average guy without higher education, I made a decent job of getting through my working life, I made good money compared to many, but I certainly didn't set the World alight. Who do I blame for being Mr average?.... Damn maybe I am not a success because I am White?   or maybe I was just not cut out to be the Prime Minister/President. Maybe many many people are cannon fodder simply because they are either just not lucky, or just not bright. Regardless of race.

#9 Aug 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

I don't think being of African descent has bugger all to do with it. All races, and economic background should be able to benefit from education. Not everyone seems to gain anything from a privileged position  D Trump springs to mind.... he can barely put two sentences together without repeating himself at least once.

But certainly disadvantaged peoples across the World can certainly become much more useful to themselves and the society in which they live if they had a higher level of education.

I hear the cry Oh the Blackman is disadvantaged.... and I accept this is still the case on an individual level... we all hit barriers for various reasons.

Yet we have just had a Black President, and in more than one administration very high level Black people in very serious positions of power. I keep on seeing Black Presenters, Comedians, Sportsmen, Lawyers, Judges, high ranking officers in the forces etc etc.... how many role models do people need before they realise THEY CAN DO IT TOO.

Just the other day my attention was drawn to the Black President or CEO of Merk or what ever that Chemical super conglomerate is.... His father was a Janitor.... why could he get to be a super being and others can't.  It HAS to be down to their own personal ambitions, and to a degree the individual ladder they have to climb.

I am just an average guy without higher education, I made a decent job of getting through my working life, I made good money compared to many, but I certainly didn't set the World alight. Who do I blame for being Mr average?.... Damn maybe I am not a success because I am White?   or maybe I was just not cut out to be the Prime Minister/President. Maybe many many people are cannon fodder simply because they are either just not lucky, or just not bright. Regardless of race.

You are speaking about the few blacks who have made it by being a little bit savvier than the rest. I am talking about people of African descent collectively across the globe. They are still at a disadvantage. I need to see more quality and not quantity. I need to see them competing  academically with whites, citing that they are only more qualified but they are being discriminated against based on their race.

#10 Aug 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

You are speaking about the few blacks who have made it by being a little bit savvier than the rest. I am talking about people of African descent collectively across the globe. They are still at a disadvantage. I need to see more quality and not quantity. I need to see them competing  academically with whites, citing that they are only more qualified but they are being discriminated against based on their race.

There is always some point for argument. Only the other day there was a push back against positive discrimination in schools in the USA as the prime objective was seen to have been achieved, and now it was discriminatory the other way.

I know a number of Black achievers, I know Blacks that have never seen the light of day, but would rather bitch, I have seen others that just jog along.... People Black, White, or Brown often times need that spark, some have it, and then if they do and they are Black they are likely to be called Uncle Toms.

I started jibing about African potential migration due to breeding themselves into difficulty.  There is a historical reason for people in Africa and India to punch out a set of kids, it is a way of ensuring you are taken care of when you are old, and the more you make the more chance some will survive to adulthood. BUT, it creates a cycle of poverty, or maintains it, and then as I naughtily implied, the Europeans will be expected to absorb the overflow simply because they messed with Africa 70-300 years ago. Even when those mineral rich nations stop frigging each other and use the minerals to actually make their countries rich, there will be a demand by some, even as Europe collapses under its own stupidity, that they.... probably now poorer .... still have an indefinite responsibility.

Board footer