You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Garden of Eaten
Active

PAINT DRYING CONTEST: ENTRIES NEEDED!

Calling for entries for a PAINT DRYING CONTEST that can be live-streamed on Talkshop.

Here are the conditions:

1. No entry fee.

2. Bring your own supplies.

3. Task: Paint any surface for 5 minutes.

4. Run back to your designated paint-drying watch area after painting your selected surface.

5. Watch, with the judges, how quickly your project (and your competitors') dries.

6. Disqualification if competitors:

(a) Leave their designated paint drying watch area
(b) Touch other competitors' projects to see if their paint dried
(c) Bring or use pre-painted surfaces

7. WINNER: gets the honour of having his/her house or apartment -- no boats, or other requests -- painted by all of the losing competitors.

8. Don't try any tricks to win, PLEASE!

#2 Aug 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Slice
Active

Re: PAINT DRYING CONTEST: ENTRIES NEEDED!

You serious? Nah this got to be ah joke.  If this is not ah joke, include me out.

#3 Aug 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Garden of Eaten
Active

It is not a joke. But, I will make sure that I honour your request to "include me out". Can you add some rules?

To show you that it is not a joke, read this report about a similar contest --

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/42 … mpionship/

The guy in this story takes paint drying seriously because he is paid to do so --

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … t-dry.html

#4 Aug 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Slice
Active

Wait Garden of Eaton, again you asking poor Slice to add rules?  Lord this is one ah rather watch, than participate.  Ah hope you get contestants.  I will give a real price to the winner, if you get ten contestant.

This is real.  Well lord have mercy, some folks too damn idle.  WHAT THE F**K going on?

Ah just change me mind, no prize will be awarded by me.

#5 Aug 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Garden of Eaten
Active

Slice you have my head spinning around with "Ah just change me mind, no prize will be awarded by me." Ok. You can be a judge or just a spectator.

#6 Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

Expat
Active

I bags it has to be done using oil paint on the Antarctic ice shelf..... it will take weeks to dry..... LoL.

#7 Aug 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Garden of Eaten
Active

Expat you are the WINNER!

Magical, isn't it; no contestants, yet you win with the idea for an endless dry time: "using oil paint on the Antarctic ice shelf..... it will take weeks to dry....."

Now, since there are no contestants, do us a favor and paint thy house for thyself. Tell us how long it takes you, and how long the paint takes to dry.

Good luck!

#8 Aug 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Expat
Active

Garden of Eaten wrote:

Expat you are the WINNER!

Magical, isn't it; no contestants, yet you win with the idea for an endless dry time: "using oil paint on the Antarctic ice shelf..... it will take weeks to dry....."

Now, since there are no contestants, do us a favor and paint thy house for thyself. Tell us how long it takes you, and how long the paint takes to dry.

Good luck!

As if I don't have enough honey due's, now I have the Gardener giving me work.... Lawdy.

Board footer