You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Aug 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Slice
Active

WELL LORD HAVE MERCY $14.00 AH PACK.

I  do not think this works.  First, it is my choice to smoke.  Would the price be raised on Junk food that kills more fat folks than cigarettes.  Lastly, the smokers will just leave New York and come to Baltimore to buy cigarettes.

A pack of Cigarettes in Baltimore cost about $6.50.

When liquor was and still is expensive in some areas, of New York, every time I traveled to Brooklyn, my car always was full ah liquor, for my PADNAHs in Brooklyn.  Never made ah profit, sold it at Baltimore cost.  What ah Dummy I was.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ … id=DELLDHP

#2 Aug 29, 2017 3:59 pm

GMW
Active

Re: WELL LORD HAVE MERCY $14.00 AH PACK.

A carton (10 packs) is $US  30 in duty free on the airport in Grenada. No I'm not giving you any ideas.

#3 Aug 30, 2017 7:22 am

Slice
Active

Oh ho, that is what you do.  I will most defiantly remember that, the next time ah  in Grenada.  I get rum , but never thought about the Bad stuff.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 30, 2017 7:23 am)

#4 Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I  do not think this works.  First, it is my choice to smoke.  Would the price be raised on Junk food that kills more fat folks than cigarettes.  Lastly, the smokers will just leave New York and come to Baltimore to buy cigarettes.

A pack of Cigarettes in Baltimore cost about $6.50.

When liquor was and still is expensive in some areas, of New York, every time I traveled to Brooklyn, my car always was full ah liquor, for my PADNAHs in Brooklyn.  Never made ah profit, sold it at Baltimore cost.  What ah Dummy I was.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ … id=DELLDHP

Well I wont try to stop you if you want to damage every organ in your body, that's your choice. You may be one of the very lucky few who live to 90 without even having a cough.... It's all down to genes whether you contract a nasty illness or not.... maybe you will be lucky. I hope so, as having watched 2 very close members of family die as a direct result of smoking in very unpleasant ways, I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Having been an early smoker..... starting around 11, and being a real smoker from about 15, I can say that it was one of the most positive steps in my life when at around the age of 23 I gave up.... At one point smoking 60 a day with packs across the dash of the vehicle, chain smoking. Had I continued to smoke, apart from the increased risk to health and general fitness, I doubt I would have achieved half the things I did due to lack of funds.

When I gave up cigarettes were 50 pence a pack. A quick look at retail prices showed me they are now discounted to just over 36 pence EACH.

#5 Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am

Slice
Active

No excuse.  I quit for two years, and then one day, this Asian Hotty  got me to smoke ah little Cigar called Alcapone, and that did it. No excuse ah only smoke average 7 cigarettes a day.

#6 Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

When I was 13 or 14 my cousin Ed and I snatched a couple packs of dad's cigarettes and went down to the train tracks over the creek to smoke them.  I turned green and puked my guts out.  That turned me off to the things for life and I never tried them again.  Puking in the grass that day was probably one of the best things that every happened to me.

#7 Aug 31, 2017 7:54 am

Slice
Active

It is an nasty, nasty, nasty habit.  One day ah go stop.  Hoping.  Thank God it made you sick.

#8 Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

It is an nasty, nasty, nasty habit.  One day ah go stop.  Hoping.  Thank God it made you sick.

It is simple, you have to want to.

Most habitual smokers who do not stop want to quit with the front of their minds, but secretly enjoy it, so never have the conviction to give up permanently.

I stopped twice cold turkey, and it was only a really stupid mind game I was playing with a previous partner, that caused me to start back the second time.

I was definitely an addict, but I didn't really enjoy it.

Board footer