You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 17, 2016 5:13 pm

Calypso

BAMSEEBOY, BRING BACK THE OLD TALKSHOP FORMAT!

Sometimes change is just not damned better than what we had before! This is the case with Talkshop's new format. Monikers have disappeared because we are no longer gladiators being torn apart by beasts in the Roman Coliseum! Bamseeboy, bring back the old format designed by the one and only brain, Mr. Brian Steele.  When we posted our topics every one could see them and react to them immediately. There was more excitement and more battles and more drama.  I sent a picture of Grace Jones to aggravate MRP and I had to tip him off so that he knew it was there. No one has been posting because it's no longer accessible to everyone at one time. Do something about it!!!!!!!!

#2 Dec 18, 2016 10:14 am

Slice

Re: BAMSEEBOY, BRING BACK THE OLD TALKSHOP FORMAT!

It is different,  I must agree, but I ent complaining.  The OLE forum needed ah update. We are all going to adjust, ah hope.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 18, 2016 10:16 am)

#3 Dec 19, 2016 10:29 am

Webmaster
Administrator

The old forum code has a few bugs and needs to be updated to work properly on new browsers.  For example, you may recall the small text entry field. That wasn't the result in corruption of the software so much as changes to the operating systems that access the code.  There were a few other problems as well.  The moderation settings were putting too many posts in moderation and the code makes the server somewhat vulnerable to hacking and misuse.

The code is no longer being supported.  It could be revived but it would take coding effort.  That requires time and expense.

#4 Dec 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Bamseeboy

Give dis a try, nah.

Board footer