You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Slice
Active

WOULD YOU HIRE SOMEONE THAT IS LATE FOR AN INTERVIEW?

I really do not compromise on this one. If you are more than  15 minutes late, I will not interview you. If you are five minutes late, your odds of being hired start a downward trend.  More than 10 minutes the odd of being hired is almost zero. Fifteen minutes, I would not even interview you.

I do not get why folks show up late for interviews.

#2 Sep 06, 2017 1:35 pm

GMW
Active

Re: WOULD YOU HIRE SOMEONE THAT IS LATE FOR AN INTERVIEW?

Of course I would depending on the circumstances. They could have been stuck in Irma or Harvey.

#3 Sep 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Slice
Active

Ah still ent hiring, if you doh give prior notice.  I would forgive ah man if he late for he wedding, but not an interview.

#4 Sep 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I would likely respond the same way Slice.  If they came in with a credible story of a car accident or something, I might make an exception.  If they were just late for no good reason, I would see that as a lack of motivation that would affect the quality of their work later.

#5 Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Slice
Active

Exactly.  Give a real good excuse, why you late, then let us decide. I just can't over this.  It blows my mind.

Board footer