You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am

Dancer
Active

JOY .... inner joy . That does not depend on another person

Joy comes into the world through gentle means , but springs from a solid sense of self. The power of joy should never be underestimated.
The enjoyment of learning and discovery ,for example , has served as a source of much progress. Likewise , that which brings  joy into the world is a source of considerable power.
If happiness is supported by personal stability , it will wear down the stiffest barrier and win over the hardest heart. True joy is a beacon in the world , and being so rare is an indication of great good fortune, now and in the future.
How could it be otherwise.

... my submission for the weekend.  hahaha.
Can you dig it ?

#2 Sep 02, 2017 9:31 am

Calypso
Active

Re: JOY .... inner joy . That does not depend on another person

Dancer wrote:

Joy comes into the world through gentle means , but springs from a solid sense of self. The power of joy should never be underestimated.
The enjoyment of learning and discovery ,for example , has served as a source of much progress. Likewise , that which brings  joy into the world is a source of considerable power.
If happiness is supported by personal stability , it will wear down the stiffest barrier and win over the hardest heart. True joy is a beacon in the world , and being so rare is an indication of great good fortune, now and in the future.

Can you dig it ?

Dancer, please check out this movie, History is made at Night, circa 1937, starring Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur on YouTube.

#3 Sep 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Dancer
Active

Oh,oh . I will , I will .... Later.... outside is so hot , I need to go to the beach,  under some trees , with some beer. Let's see who is up to it. Mary , John , Patsy , George , Maymay .

Since we are into good movies , we will swap... My Man Godfrey .1936 William Powell ,Carole Lombard .  I liked  Gail Patrick's role.  What a ?
All the actors , great.
Since you seem to be  an expert  and  if  you did  see it before .....  Enjoy Again.

Some AC pleeeese.

#4 Sep 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Vanni
Active

Sweet!

Wishing you Joy and AC, then, Dancer?

Have a great Sunday everyone smile

#5 Sep 04, 2017 6:58 am

Dancer
Active

Vanni wrote:

Sweet!

Wishing you Joy and AC, then, Dancer?

Have a great Sunday everyone smile

Have a good  Monday to you too, Vanni.

#6 Sep 04, 2017 8:34 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

Can you dig it ?

Dancer, please check out this movie, History is made at Night, circa 1937, starring Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur on YouTube.

I did , last evening. Wow. Could we get together and discuss it over a cup of coffee. No scrambled eggs for you. lol.
On a realistic note , quite a good movie... until they reunited in the NY restaurant and the movie went south from there. The Liner segment  was so lame.
What an jealous , obsessive , possessive man Bruce Vail was , dangerous to the point of killing. Get away Irene.

Some chuckles and good lines.....

After the husband sees the necklace around Irene's neck ( busted) and said to the police " leave my wife alone , she just went through a terrible experience " lol.

.. I aught to kill you , with his hands around Irene's neck ... she pipes up " Why don't you and i'll never have to see you again. sad, lol.

Paul gushing to his friend " I met an Angel "   and his friend replying  " I never met a woman with wings" lol.
But a find .... SMASH... with the great tune and lyrics " History is made at night'. Beautiful.

.... But glad to have suggested  My  man Godfrey.

#7 Sep 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

Can you dig it ?

I did , last evening. Wow. Could we get together and discuss it over a cup of coffee. No scrambled eggs for you. lol.
On a realistic note , quite a good movie... until they reunited in the NY restaurant and the movie went south from there. The Liner segment  was so lame.
What an jealous , obsessive , possessive man Bruce Vail was , dangerous to the point of killing. Get away Irene.

Some chuckles and good lines.....

After the husband sees the necklace around Irene's neck ( busted) and said to the police " leave my wife alone , she just went through a terrible experience " lol.

.. I aught to kill you , with his hands around Irene's neck ... she pipes up " Why don't you and i'll never have to see you again. sad, lol.

Paul gushing to his friend " I met an Angel "   and his friend replying  " I never met a woman with wings" lol.
But a find .... SMASH... with the great tune and lyrics " History is made at night'. Beautiful.

.... But glad to have suggested  My  man Godfrey.

I must have watched that movie several times already. I know you love comedy. I am not really into it.

#8 Sep 06, 2017 10:23 am

Dancer
Active

>> > I know you love comedy. I am not really into it . <<<

What a sad admission , like I possibly mentioned  before , never saw a 'lol'   from you yet . 

Good morning Doc . Could Calypso make an appointment  ' how to enjoy humor'

#9 Sep 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

>> > I know you love comedy. I am not really into it . <<<

What a sad admission , like I possibly mentioned  before , never saw a 'lol'   from you yet . 

Good morning Doc . Could Calypso make an appointment  ' how to enjoy humor'

ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! How do you like that????

#10 Sep 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Dancer
Active

Doc do you have a white jacket in the office ?
hehehehe

Board footer