You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am

Slice
Active

THOSE WHO HAVE INTEREST, CPL SCORES.

I think I am late to this party, but I am so enjoying it.  That SALLUPP, GMW never mention the CPL to me.  Politics are now way down on my list nightly.  Sadly one more match remaining.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/cpl- … ash-640403

Last edited by Slice (Sep 08, 2017 9:28 am)

#2 Sep 08, 2017 10:44 am

New Historian
Active

Re: THOSE WHO HAVE INTEREST, CPL SCORES.

I've been to CPL matches in Trinidad, Jamaica and Barbados, and they're all fantastic: fun, big hits and lots of music and rum lol!

The final is this Saturday at 9 Trinidad time: Trinbago Knight Riders vs Gayle's St Kitts patriots, don't miss it!

#3 Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am

Slice
Active

Trinidad, looks like ah ton of fun, plus ah love their Cheerleaders. That is defiantly on my to do list. Hist, are these teams a franchise?

Man you are having tons of fun.  One Day, One day CONGOTHA.

As an Bush Empire, some New rules ah kinda struggling with.  What is the importance of the circle?  How does the Power play work?  Ah doh get the Wide Balls calls.  The Batsman swing and sometimes hit the ball, and it still ah wide, don't get that.  It also seems, there have to be  a certain way the field must be set,  not sure,.

These Cricket commenters are so much fun to listen.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am)

#4 Sep 08, 2017 11:41 am

New Historian
Active

The Trinbago Knight Riders are owned by the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, and Mark Wahlberg owns a piece of the Barbados Tridents!

The power play is to encourage big hitting, during which only 2 fielders must be outside the close circle. Keep watching!

#5 Sep 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Slice
Active

Thanks.

#6 Sep 08, 2017 9:19 pm

New Historian
Active

Here's a preview of Saturday night's final, it's gonna be a cracker!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8623/report/1094704/

#7 Sep 08, 2017 9:33 pm

gripe
Active

That whole T20 version of cricket diminishes the game. It encourages too much unorthodox escapades (think reckless adventure, unconventional act or undertaking) from batsmen -- I take that back, mostly sluggers. Let me stick with the traditional form of the test match.

#8 Sep 09, 2017 8:23 am

Slice
Active

But the Traditional became very boring.  I think T20 saved the game.  Did you see the crowds in the Caribbean watching the games?  According to commentators every game was sold out.

Test Cricket is rather boring.  I love the game, but I think Test Cricket might be ah ting of the past.

#9 Sep 10, 2017 12:08 am

gripe
Active

Saying that test cricket is boring sounds like the reasoning used by people unfamiliar with the game. At the same time, welcoming the wildness of T20 is equivalent to the trend these days for quick fixes for everything, throwing substance and quality to the side. T20 fits that fad approach to life by encouraging wild enjoyment with unorthodox stroke play being acceptable. Count me out . . .(Actually, I can face any bowler -- quick, medium or spin -- and give a good account of myself and may even end my innings "Not Out".)

#10 Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am

New Historian
Active

gripe wrote:

Saying that test cricket is boring sounds like the reasoning used by people unfamiliar with the game. At the same time, welcoming the wildness of T20 is equivalent to the trend these days for quick fixes for everything, throwing substance and quality to the side. T20 fits that fad approach to life by encouraging wild enjoyment with unorthodox stroke play being acceptable. Count me out . . .(Actually, I can face any bowler -- quick, medium or spin -- and give a good account of myself and may even end my innings "Not Out".)

Cricket purist? Or boring old fart lol?

Board footer