You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Sep 15, 2017 2:07 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Provocative thoughtful song and video from J-Zee

Hmmm:

Shit-shit-shit! I turn to Kevin: what’re we gonna do? I dunno he whispers, it’s your fucking house! Slowly, I pushed open the letterbox - to be met by a pair of angry eyes, staring back at me.

#12 Sep 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

"Nowadays everyone is too damn PC!"  My thought and thinking exactly.  Sometime ago a popular Radio personality repeated something someone said and the word [racist word] was in what she was repeating.  She got fired, even doh she was married to ah Blackman.

Then there was Bill Maher.  He said I am ah House [racist word], and got SHEET for that and almost got fired.

We too damn sensitive.

It is a difficult path to walk without stubbing your toe.

If you get comfortable with SOME Black folks, and you spar and insult each other in play, and you cuss up and use inappropriate language, the same as you might within your own racial set, ie a Black man saying the N word about a thousand times an hour as we are forced to consume in Black comedy, films, and music, it is easy to misplace your comments without really meaning offence.

I spend a fair amount of time with an english white guy, and while we do not go round calling each other honkey, spook, or cracker, we do use just about every offensive swearing combination in jest. Personally I do not understand the crap about owning the N word, it is just perpetuating it.

#13 Sep 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:

Webbie, I cant use the word Nig$%r on here?  GEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEE AH FRIGGING BREAK.  There you go, exactly what Hist is saying.

You can say [f word] but you can't say a [racist word]. I wonder if you can say "niggardly" LOL?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controver … ggardly%22

I am glad you put the Wiki link. I was aware of the word and it's true origins and meanings, but you might have to pull a cutlass out of your skull if you used it with poorly educated person... Or not even poorly educated, simply educated where it would be unlikely to be taught or used.

Board footer