You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Dancer
Active

...... SMH .... We have a BIG problem .

Chinese Americans ...... OK ....  yes Sir
Japanese Americans ..... OK ... yes Sir
German Americans  ....  OK ....  yes  Sir

>>>>>>  African  Americans   ?????     - - -  What the F is that ?  <<<<<<

Black people  diffused  the 'Bomb' ([racist word]) . Making it our own.

What a load of BS.    ...  No self respect !!!!!

JUST not understanding  Jay-Z's  .... story  of OJ   ....>> is saying.    ......  or being black in the USA...... [f word] !!!!

" I try to  NOT  get angry with faceless people on social media , etc ,  but ignorance is  just so dumb. ( get behind the headlines  and use you God-given gray matter )
Pleeeeeese.
F... !!  .   I gone.

#2 Sep 15, 2017 3:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: ...... SMH .... We have a BIG problem .

OJ: "I'm not black, I'm OJ!"

Yeah right.

German Americans? Who the hell are they? There's only 5 kind of Americans:

White Americans
Black Americans
Latino Americans
Asian Americans and..
NATIVE Americans.

Black Americans have jack to do with Africa.

Do they speak the languages?
Do they know the culture?
Do they know the food?
Do they know the politics?
Do they know the history?

NO to all the above.

So what are Caribbean immigrants to the US: Afro-Caribbean-Americans?

Shouldn't the NAACP be the NAAAAP?

Again: WHAT IS WRONG WITH PLAIN OLD BLACK PEOPLE???

#3 Sep 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Dancer
Active

> What is wrong with plain old black people < ?
Nothing , what is wrong with African ?  'Most' feel  comfortable using either .... except ... BUT ' let us not digress...

>>>>>>> THE traditional definition of Race and Ethnicity is related to biological factors respectively.
RACE refers to a person's physical characteristics ,  such as bone structure and skin , hair , eye color.
ETHNICITY however , refers to cultural factors , including nationality , regional culture , ancestry , and language.
An example of race is Brown , White , or Black skin  ( all from various parts of the world )  while an example of ethnicity is German or Spanish ( West Indian/Gree) ... regardless of race or Han Chinese.
Your Race is determined by how you look  while your ethnicity is determined based on the social and cultural groups you belong to.
You can have more than one ethnicities , but you are said to have one race , even if it's 'mixed" race.

..........  as this is quite a subject and changes often ..... my post focused on how one looks. .... """ and so we judge."""

#4 Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

houston
Active

Yes we do judge on looks, a sad thing that is, when we are all members of the human race.
Ethnicity, cultural practices, religious beliefs are all of course going to vary.

#5 Sep 18, 2017 3:38 am

Vanni
Active

The more we evolve spiritually, the more we will find harmony with each other, the less cultural differences will either exist, or at least be allowed to interfere - look at the growing world culture. We meet as Asians, Africans, Europeans and others, and more and more relate to each other, more and more love to be with each other, more and more are a humanity. And whatever may distinguish us from each other will only be a lovable feature.

#6 Sep 18, 2017 7:33 am

Dancer
Active

houston wrote:

Yes we do judge on looks, a sad thing that is, when we are all members of the human race.
Ethnicity, cultural practices, religious beliefs are all of course going to vary.

Spoken like a person that sees beyond the headlines.
BUT , I am not certain its a sad thing . It is a revealing thing , that should be understood , to reduce discrimination.

eg, I would prefer seeing the JA as the receptionist than RD .
BIAS. lol.

Board footer