You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Sep 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

Real Distwalker wrote:

The whole world is stupid right now.  Everybody is divided into tribes.  Everybody is forced to take sides.  It is all reactionary.

For the record, I don't take issue with the players reason for taking a knee.  That isn't what I am talking about.  I just don't want to be politically hectored everywhere all the time.  It sucks the joy from life.

I am not taking sides with anybody.  You can sneer at me for not taking common cause with this or that political faction but I don't care.  I am increasingly a conscientious objector in the raging culture war.  You can count me out.  I am a non-combatant.

Did you see 60 minutes last night? Your opinion is what all the folks that were involved with the panel are saying.


https://www.cbsnews.com/news/post-elect … y-reports/

I think the knee thing was almost dead, that was until our 8 year ole president revive it.  Most of these players was against  Colin did, but they united because of what Trump said.

I was in the middle on this one.  I thought the playing of the National anthem was the wrong platform for this, but I do understand his message.

I am ah very patriotic kinda person.  I stand anytime, I can once the anthem is being played.  When I took the oath to be ah citizen, that is what I promise and that is what I do.

Offline

#12 Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm

GMW
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

>>I just want to live happily ever after, you know?,,

~It's easier for a camel to pass through eye of a needle than for a rich man..........~ Scripture in yuh tail.

LOL!

Offline

#13 Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

That is because the rich at the time of Christ tended to reject Him.  He is the path to salvation.   If the possession of riches causes you to reject Christ, well....

Offline

#14 Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

GMW wrote:

>>I just want to live happily ever after, you know?,,

~It's easier for a camel to pass through eye of a needle than for a rich man..........~ Scripture in yuh tail.

LOL!

What's being happy got to do with riches? If you make that connection, then your happiness is very shallow.

Offline

#15 Sep 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

New Historian wrote:

What's being happy got to do with riches? If you make that connection, then your happiness is very shallow.

That's for damned sure!

Offline

#16 Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm

houston
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

We get saturated with political junk all day every day. Time to tune the cripe out.
Looking forward to the MLB post season and cheering for the Cleveland Indians. Can't wait for the NHL season to begin and following one of my favourite teams, the Chicago Blackhawks.

Offline

#17 Sep 25, 2017 11:31 pm

GMW
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

New Historian wrote:
GMW wrote:

>>I just want to live happily ever after, you know?,,

~It's easier for a camel to pass through eye of a needle than for a rich man..........~ Scripture in yuh tail.

LOL!

What's being happy got to do with riches? If you make that connection, then your happiness is very shallow.


Now Now Historian, I trust you better understand the part I was referring to but in case you didn't then it's the "ever after" part. We all know what that implies. At least I thought we did. Wink!

Offline

#18 Sep 25, 2017 11:36 pm

GMW
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

houston wrote:

We get saturated with political junk all day every day. Time to tune the cripe out.
Looking forward to the MLB post season and cheering for the Cleveland Indians. Can't wait for the NHL season to begin and following one of my favourite teams, the Chicago Blackhawks.

Yep, I got my great job and I'm making good money so let me keep my black ass quiet. Take me out to the Ball Game!

Offline

#19 Sep 26, 2017 7:27 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Donald Trump wants black NFL players fired for free expression

GMW wrote:

Now Now Historian, I trust you better understand the part I was referring to but in case you didn't then it's the "ever after" part. We all know what that implies. At least I thought we did. Wink!

It doesn't imply anything.  It is the traditional ending for fairy tales... "And the prince and princess lived happily ever after."   

Nothing more than that.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB