You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 25, 2017 8:21 pm

New Historian
Active

RD you and your kind need to take your country back

Seriously, we used to take the piss out of Dubya and didn't think they could come any worse, but Dubya is a PARAGON of virtue compared to the incumbent monstrosity! Dubya actually had a heart. We can have our differences with the Repubs, but the "old school" Repubs still had some core of decency - not like this fascist! Trump doesn't only hurt the Democrats, the Mexicans, the Muslims, the Blacks and just about everyone else - he hurts YOU.

Yes you RD; when are you going to say enough? When are you going to take your political party back?

#2 Sep 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD you and your kind need to take your country back

I don't know what I can do.  I agree with your assessment but I don't have any ability to do anything.  Hell, I have lost friends over it.  My mother and I can't even talk about politics anymore.  It feels like the world has gone nuts.

I do what I can online.  I know I have influenced some people but my reach is limited, bro.

For the record, I have never been an enthusiastic Republican.  I have always been very libertarian.  I used to be far more right wing on foreign policy and had many arguments at this URL over it.  Watching the endless wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere has dialed me back on that.

All I can tell you is this:  I have a circle of people around me who have always voted Republican and, on my urging, didn't vote Trump and won't in the future.  None of us voted for Hillary either but we didn't vote for Trump.

Bottom line: Unless you are calling on me to stage a bloody coup, I am doing all I can do.

#3 Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Fair play. I never cease to be amazed, it really is true: he could shoot a (Black!) man dead in Times Square, and get away with it. The visceral nature of the "Trump heartland" is ... frightening.

#4 Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

houston
Active

Things need to change when the highest office in the land can be bought.

#5 Sep 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My father voted for Obama twice and then voted for Trump.  He wasn't the only one.  Bizarre as it seems, he felt like Obama and Trump cared about the little man and Romney and Hillary didn't.

#6 Sep 26, 2017 8:42 am

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

Seriously, we used to take the piss out of Dubya and didn't think they could come any worse, but Dubya is a PARAGON of virtue compared to the incumbent monstrosity! Dubya actually had a heart. We can have our differences with the Repubs, but the "old school" Repubs still had some core of decency - not like this fascist! Trump doesn't only hurt the Democrats, the Mexicans, the Muslims, the Blacks and just about everyone else - he hurts YOU.

Yes you RD; when are you going to say enough? When are you going to take your political party back?

Good question. I was about question his seeming indifference  to his country's  political   confusion . Very mouthy in the last 10 years , he and his follower , now no politics for them.
Lets watch some sports , tennis , NFL and even Ice hockey.
Thus exposing their thin grasp of real political events. Those talking heads , Beck , Jones ,  Tea Partiers  and so-called preachers did a number on them.
RD barely escaped  being a TRUMPIST ......... caused by his interaction on TS.
Believe it or not. Lol.

#7 Sep 26, 2017 9:01 am

Slice
Active

Dancer, you must know what, you are talking about.  I told you before, RD never never had intentions of voting Trump.  Before the elections, RD and I spoke on the phone Daily, and when we did not speak we text each other.  You see Kaiso, I was thinking about getting into business with RD, so we stayed in contact.

RD hates Donald Trump.  If he had to choose between Trump and Obama, he would vote Obama.  Put that in you pipe and take ah draw.

Board footer