You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 27, 2017 7:02 pm

New Historian
Active

Why is this football chant sung by Man U fans racist?

It's in praise of their own player, Romelu Lukaku:

"Romelu Lukaku,
He's our Belgium scoring genius,
He's got a 24 inch penis,
Scoring all the goals,
Bastard to his toes."

My question is: would it be deemed racist if he were white, Asian or anything but African? My other question is: why is it deemed racist anyway? Forfuksake this PC-police has gone far enough, you can't even have a little bit of fun any more!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot … 65496.html

#2 Sep 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Why is this football chant sung by Man U fans racist?

Maybe his not being a Brit makes him more sensitive? Many Nations, the Germans for example have piss poor sense of humour, maybe the Belgians are similar?

If it was meant negatively, and was chanting racial slurs, or doing the chimp noises as have happened in football in the past I would accept it is racist and was meant in a racist way.  True they are saying he has a huge dong, but they are not calling him a big prick. They are supporting him, bigging him up.

He should just shrug his shoulders, take it as a joke, and let it fade out under it's own steam when the fans get bored.

#3 Sep 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Dancer
Active

After watching Midsomer Murders TV show. The British seem to love sleeping around and big dongs. African or not.
Very sexist and racist. lol.

#4 Sep 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

After watching Midsomer Murders TV show. The British seem to love sleeping around and big dongs. African or not.
Very sexist and racist. lol.

The British certainly have an affinity to toilet humour, whether it is farting or sexual innuendo.

As for sleeping around, apart from the trendy freedoms of the swinging 60's I think sleeping around was not as commonplace as believed until more recent times.  I think that again up until recent times there were one or two people having all the fun, while the majority wished they were.

The latest generations possibly liberated by bigger wage packets than there forebears have found ways to be nasty drunks and seemingly debauched. Hopefully this is a passing phase, otherwise our Islamic brethren will have the case made for them that such liberal behaviour should be restricted as society falls to pieces in a heap of naked drunken bodies writhing on the streets.

Board footer