You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 28, 2017 7:17 am

Dancer
Active

HUGH HEFNER young widow Crystal Harris - - won the jackpot

SAY ... Twitter Trolls
She is 33 , he was 91.
Eat your heart out    Betty lou.

#2 Sep 28, 2017 7:40 am

Slice
Active

Re: HUGH HEFNER young widow Crystal Harris - - won the jackpot

I knew you was going to have something crazy to say,  when I ready what Heffner did on Civil rights about 5 years ago I was shocked.  If I remember correctly, I posted something about his record on CR.

I don't do stars, but I think Heffner is worth talking about.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/hugh-hefne … hts-legacy

#3 Sep 28, 2017 9:18 am

Real Distwalker
Active

In memory of Mr. Hefner, the president has asked that all erections be raised at half staff.

#4 Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It is probably worth mentioning, in all seriousness, that Hefner's measure of successful living was based on counting possessions and orgasms.   While that lifestyle may seem attractive at a glance, it sows a pretty horrible harvest.

With the sexual revolution came disease, abortion, broken homes, fatherless children, social decay and violence.  Sexual liberation may be a fine thing for those who can be functional within that lifestyle but most cannot. The result, ultimately, is Lord of the Flies reality of the inner city, children who are denied the families they deserve, the American holocaust of abortion and cultural decay.

Hefner had a hand in all of that. 

#5 Sep 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Slice
Active

Me ent care wha you say, this is what I call ah perfect life.  Tons of money and young women every time he wants.  See RD if there is such ah ting as Heaven and Hell, Heffner was always in heaven.

With the creation of that little Blue pill, he had to have ah resurgence of life.  Then again the experts say that little blue pill only works 40% of the time.

Lord you sound like ah preacher.  Did you change your church?

In a way I agree with you, but your comments should be preached in the poor communities.  Heffner is not guilty as you charge.

Despite his life style Heffner was ah very honorable person.  Well ah kinda admired him, but I was always jealous of him.

I read somewhere even the right honorable Jesse Jackson, was ah frequent visitor to the mansion. Doh talk about Bill Crosby.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 28, 2017 1:45 pm)

#6 Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

As I said, some people can be functional in that environment.  Most cannot.    There exist functional alcoholics who drink constantly but still manage to hold a job and raise a family.  That doesn't mean that every alcoholic can or that alcoholism isn't dangerous.

For one thing, it is a hell of a lot easier to be a sexual libertine if you are wealthy.  For poor people, it results in fatherless children, constant abortions, familial destruction, financial hardship, STDs and social decay.

Hefner was the equivalent of a drug dealer.  He was peddling something that seemed good but was really destructive as hell.

Every statistic in the world proves that the most sure way to success for yourself and for your children is this:  Get married, get a job, stay faithful to your wife and children and build a life.

The path to ruin is paved with fatherless children, child support, broken families and infidelity.

#7 Sep 28, 2017 2:08 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

In memory of Mr. Hefner, the president has asked that all erections be raised at half staff.

Given the President's history it's not surprise that he would want to use that opportunity the raise his erection on half his staff. Although I doubt it can be raise at all.

#8 Sep 28, 2017 3:07 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

As I said, some people can be functional in that environment.  Most cannot.    There exist functional alcoholics who drink constantly but still manage to hold a job and raise a family.  That doesn't mean that every alcoholic can or that alcoholism isn't dangerous.

For one thing, it is a hell of a lot easier to be a sexual libertine if you are wealthy.  For poor people, it results in fatherless children, constant abortions, familial destruction, financial hardship, STDs and social decay.

Hefner was the equivalent of a drug dealer.  He was peddling something that seemed good but was really destructive as hell.

Every statistic in the world proves that the most sure way to success for yourself and for your children is this:  Get married, get a job, stay faithful to your wife and children and build a life.

The path to ruin is paved with fatherless children, child support, broken families and infidelity.

Steady on there old chap, beginning to sound like a Puritan!

#9 Sep 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am no puritan.  Hef's life looks pretty damned good to me too.  I just know that all that glitters is not gold.

#10 Sep 28, 2017 3:16 pm

New Historian
Active

Well I'll say one thing about Hef: he never wiped that smile from his face!

Board footer