You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Calypso
Active

"WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

https://thoughtcatalog.com/amanda-chate … s-to-them/


To chauvinistic West Indian men,  "wife material" simply means marrying a woman who they can manipulate, financially, sexually and morally. Their wives must the epitome of  the Immaculate Virgin Mary, untouched and pure in heart while the bastards fool around with every Mary Jane he could get his scrawny hands on. They have forgotten the art of continually wooing their wives.  They want "ladies" while they are rouges.  Well, we are in a new age now and the concept of "wife material," has changed for everyone except them.

Offline

#2 Sep 28, 2017 6:41 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

depositphotos_6316557-stock-photo-furious-woman.jpg

Who rattled your cage this morning? I'll tell you wife material: good on the eye, fun in bed, good cook, intelligent, confident and most of all: look at her mother! If her mother is a good mother, chances are she'll be one too. You might think that by being "more man than man" that you thoroughly modern women are blazing a trail of equality, but that trail only leads you to being a lonely old lady, because no man will want you lol!

"Two bull can't stay in the same pen"

Last edited by New Historian (Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm)

Online

#3 Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

New Historian wrote:

https://s26.postimg.org/9t9ta8bg5/depositphotos_6316557-stock-photo-furious-woman.jpg

Who rattled your cage this morning? I'll tell you wife material: good on the eye, fun in bed, good cook, intelligent, confident and most of all: look at her mother! If her mother is a good mother, chances are she'll be one too. You might think that by being "more man than man" that you thoroughly modern women are blazing a trail of equality, but that trail only leads you to being a lonely old lady, because no man will want you lol!

"Two bull can't stay in the same pen"


>>>>>>> modern women are blazing a trail of equality, but that trail only leads you to being a lonely old lady, because no man will want you lol! >>>>>>

You missed the point brother. Women want sensibleness not coons who are from the Dark Ages.

Offline

#4 Sep 28, 2017 7:43 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

Coons from the Dark Ages? Jesus woman you need to take a chill pill. Yes us coons aren't perfect, far from it - but who is? Are you? Are most women "perfect"? Oh please, it's 50/50, how about this: if you'll fix up, we'll fix up too. Easy to say, not easy to do.

Online

#5 Sep 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

https://s26.postimg.org/9t9ta8bg5/depositphotos_6316557-stock-photo-furious-woman.jpg

Who rattled your cage this morning? I'll tell you wife material: good on the eye, fun in bed, good cook, intelligent, confident and most of all: look at her mother! If her mother is a good mother, chances are she'll be one too. You might think that by being "more man than man" that you thoroughly modern women are blazing a trail of equality, but that trail only leads you to being a lonely old lady, because no man will want you lol!

"Two bull can't stay in the same pen"


>>>>>>> modern women are blazing a trail of equality, but that trail only leads you to being a lonely old lady, because no man will want you lol! >>>>>>

You missed the point brother. Women want sensibleness not coons who are from the Dark Ages.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

COON ... Merriam Webster Dictionary
..... used as a insulting and contemptuous term for a black person. (lets call that A )

COON... A Coon is a black actor or actress ,who takes a role  that stereotypically portrays Black people. They think they have made it , but they are slaves to the same images.

....Urban Dictionary. (lets call that B)

Did you say you are a black person ? Which coon are you A or B.
" got to get rid of the anger and stop calling yourself a coon " JA.

Offline

#6 Sep 29, 2017 12:17 am

Calypso
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

New Historian wrote:

Coons from the Dark Ages? Jesus woman you need to take a chill pill. Yes us coons aren't perfect, far from it - but who is? Are you? Are most women "perfect"? Oh please, it's 50/50, how about this: if you'll fix up, we'll fix up too. Easy to say, not easy to do.


Double Stand is defined as a set of principles that applies differently and usually more rigorously to one group of people or circumstances than to another; especially :a code of morals that applies more severe standards of sexual behavior to women than to men You want, whore, virgin, saint, cook, financial provider, meek lamb, and long sufferer. What a piece of crap you are!!  Slice and MRP  want it even worst than most.

Offline

#7 Sep 29, 2017 7:39 am

Slice
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

First you posted an American article, and then ask that question.  Those two parts of the world is like apple and Pumpkin.
Kaiso, it seems someone or something rattled you Inner being today, what is your problem?

The divorce rate in the American Black community is over 60% and as high as 70%.  Would you say this is not working? would you also say the woman liberation movement did more harm to black women than good?

The divorce rate in the Caribbean is much lower than America, in the black community.  I would say what ever men are doing in the Caribbean is working much better than America.

I need no damn article to tell me how to live my personal life. 

There ent ah ting ah like about the American Black culture.  Caribbean men do not marry Black American women. We are not crazy.

I dated them, but when it was time to get married, I marry someone I can trust. (no such ting as trusting ah woman)

I do think you and Dancer need to work on allyu self.

Offline

#8 Sep 29, 2017 7:52 am

Slice
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

Kaiso, I need to tell that story about this Grenadian that got married to an American.  Dr Pierre is Grenadian who married to ah Woman from Arkansas.  She owned the Dental practice.  In other words he worked for her.

She wanted to keep her husband, she learn to cook Caribbean dishes. I though her how to make Oil Down. If the office closed at 5pm, she would leave the office at 3pm, so she can go home and have his Dinner waiting when he comes home.

She waited on him, in every way possible.  Her exact words to me was, I love me husband and I am doing everything I can to keep him.

Dr Pierre did nothing in the house. The man was like ah king.

I can say that now, because they both died. The Good Doc still had women on the side.

Offline

#9 Sep 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

Slice wrote:

Kaiso, I need to tell that story about this Grenadian that got married to an American.  Dr Pierre is Grenadian who married to ah Woman from Arkansas.  She owned the Dental practice.  In other words he worked for her.

She wanted to keep her husband, she learn to cook Caribbean dishes. I though her how to make Oil Down. If the office closed at 5pm, she would leave the office at 3pm, so she can go home and have his Dinner waiting when he comes home.

She waited on him, in every way possible.  Her exact words to me was, I love me husband and I am doing everything I can to keep him.

Dr Pierre did nothing in the house. The man was like ah king.

I can say that now, because they both died. The Good Doc still had women on the side.



You really are from the jungle!

Offline

#10 Sep 29, 2017 4:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: "WIFE MATERIAL, "WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN TO CARIBBEN MEN?

Woman stop moaning and go cook your man dinner lol!!

Online

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB