You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Sep 30, 2017 12:42 am

Mt Rich Possi
Active

Memories of Bobby Heenan...

Bobby Heenan was one the greatest actor in wrestling... Bobby Heenan made wrestling what is today... One of the greatest memories I had about Bobby Heenan was back in the mid 90's...I was watching a match between Koko Beware and Double J Jeff Jarret...

Koko Beware manager at the time was a parrot by the name of Frankie.  Frankie and Bobby Heenan didn't like each other... Everytime Frankie was on ringside Bobby Heenan always throwing insulting remarks at Frankie Koko Beware manager...

The match between Koko Beware and Double J Jeff Jarrett was like a comedy show... Bobby Heenan and Frankie the manager of Koko Beware had a steer down match... Bobby Heenan and Koko Beware manager Frankie was stearing at each other for 5 minutes straight... I laugh out so loud I had tears in my eyes.

I don't know how they get this parrot to steer at Bobby Heenan for 5 minutes... The announcers on ringside had to hold back Bobby Heenan because he was going to attack Frankie on ringside..

Things like that made wrestling entertaining...  Rest in peace Bobby Heenan you did a great job for wrestling and you made it very entertaining..

Mt Rich Possi

#2 Sep 30, 2017 12:18 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Memories of Bobby Heenan...

Wrestling of the WWF variety is a joke: a charade. Once I was watching a WWF match with my sons and I said, you know it's all fake right? Just then one fella picked up a chair and hit the other one across the head: wham! Next thing there's blood pouring out of this gash in his head!

Fake eh dad? We laughed.

#3 Oct 01, 2017 9:11 am

Mt Rich Possi
Active

New Historian wrote:

Wrestling of the WWF variety is a joke: a charade. Once I was watching a WWF match with my sons and I said, you know it's all fake right? Just then one fella picked up a chair and hit the other one across the head: wham! Next thing there's blood pouring out of this gash in his head!

Fake eh dad? We laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Historian wrestling is not real it's all fake... When you see blood coming from a wrestlers head it's all staged... The wrestlers stick blood capsule on their head and when another wrestler hit him with a chair it burst the blood capsule and it look like blood.

Before they go in the ring  the moves are all planned... But Bobby Heenan use to make it entertaining by his actions....If I get the video tape match between Koko Beware and Double J Jeff Jarret I will post it on here for you... It was one of the most funniest match I have ever seen a man and parrot steering at each other for 5 minutes...

Koko Beware was never the same after Frankie his manager was killed in a fire back in 2003....Another wrestler that hate Frankie the manager of Koko Beware was the late George the Animal Steel...He try to eat Frankie in a match against Koko Beware..

Mt Rich Possi

#4 Oct 01, 2017 10:02 am

Slice
Active

GOSH ah started watching Japan wrestling yesterday and it was still for fake, ah done after 30 seconds.

Board footer