You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 02, 2017 11:33 am

Dancer
Active

50 DEAD 400 HURT ...... incident

TERRORISM suspected in car-ramming in Canada. That injured  4  (four)

In Los Vegas  concert attack  by lone gunman  OFFICIALS say " """"   no evidence shooter linked to any group  """"

Seems to me from the US Pres , Officials , 50% of the population living in a make believe world . Not helped by a 'just sensational media.

>>> Where are the true and honest men and women , willing to give up money for principles or just plain truth.

#2 Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: 50 DEAD 400 HURT ...... incident

So.  When a Muslim immigrant to France drove a truck into a crowd in Nice and killed 86 last year, did you say the people of France were living in a 'make believe world'?

#3 Oct 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Dancer
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

So.  When a Muslim immigrant to France drove a truck into a crowd in Nice and killed 86 last year, did you say the people of France were living in a 'make believe world'?

I am saying 50 dead , 400 injured ...... NO TALK OF TERORISM.
How can that be ?

#4 Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The word 'terrorism' means different things.  To the extent that this shooting terrorized concert goers and was so intended, it was certainly an act of terrorism.

On the other hand, the word 'terrorism' is often defined as 'the systematic use of terror as a means of coercion to achieve a political or religious goal'.  By that definition, this doesn't seem to be terrorism.

#5 Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The word 'terrorism' means different things.  To the extent that this shooting terrorized concert goers and was so intended, it was certainly an act of terrorism.

On the other hand, the word 'terrorism' is often defined as 'the systematic use of terror as a means of coercion to achieve a political or religious goal'.  By that definition, this doesn't seem to be terrorism.

+ 1.

Plus unless the OP missed something, or I haven't heard a revised conflicting version, The attack in Canada certainly had the hallmarks of a Terrorist attack... Hit Policeman into the air and then get out and stab him multiple times, then make escape hitting several pedestrians along the way. Or is this a different event?

#6 Oct 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Vanni
Active

I could not speak anything close to representative as much to what this and the many other recent violences evoke in me, as my compassion for those involved. We just cannot imagine. So ... I could not offer anything better than silence.

If any purpose at all, this life and planet serve one: to experience and practice how to handle our moods and emotions combined with our power - and where extreme power = violence leads. May we develop enough wisdom and love before we leave this life to be our inspiration and guidance in any circumstance, so we don't need to come back to experience what for some is total hell.

Board footer