You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 04, 2017 8:15 pm

New Historian
Active

What an arsenal - all perfectly legal

This is isn't insanity then I don't know what is.

Paddock_dead.jpg

Paddock_dead2.jpg

#2 Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What an arsenal - all perfectly legal

I agree.  He was insane.

#3 Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

New Historian
Active

Why is a 200-bullet cartridge legal? What possible reason could account for its legitimate - or sensible - usage?

#4 Oct 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Expat
Active

Well, having a lot of the same guns is indicative of mal intent, but just as people collect dinky cars others collect firearms. For their veriety, collectability just like Toby Jugs, corvettes, model trains, for their mechanical interest, history, etc etc.

Personally I think 3 - 4 for practical use for differing reasons is enough for most people. eg, Shotgun for house defense or hunting or clay pigeon shooting, Pistol for self defense and or target or competition shooting, Long rifle sporting or tacticle (almost the same thing) self defense or hunting, Air rifle, vermin control.

If you don't have access to, or have an inate fear, then no argument is going to appease you. Most who try shooting as a hobby will not see your perspective. As the vast majority are sane sensible enthusiasts, who understand the immense skill required to understand the accurate placement of a round of ammunition no bigger than your little finger 3-500 yards down range into a piece of paper bullseye maybe 3 - 5 inches across. It involves so many memory checks, calmness of mind, steadiness of hand, self awareness etc etc.

In the disciplin I partook in the UK which thanks to the hand gun ban was diminished to .22 target rifle simply obtaining a perfect hundred score was something many many club members aspired to but never in many years of shooting ever achieved. Yet some I could think of would be upset if they got a 98 score. My souvenier perfect score dissappeared during my relocation to Grenada.

Every now and then we hear this dangerous or that dangerous inmate is on the loose... sometimes closing your windows and locking your door is not enough.....

#5 Oct 05, 2017 8:42 am

Slice
Active

Expat ah know, you are a Gun lover, so ah go watch how ah approach this. As they say, guns kill, you can't get around that.  Leh me see ah think they say about ninety folks a day get killed in the US by guns.  That is a crazy number. How many folks get killed as antique or any kind of collectors?  Your comparison, is kinda outa wack.  You can't compare Figs with eggs.

#6 Oct 05, 2017 9:14 am

New Historian
Active

"You can't compare Figs with eggs."

Boom.

#7 Oct 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Expat ah know, you are a Gun lover, so ah go watch how ah approach this. As they say, guns kill, you can't get around that.  Leh me see ah think they say about ninety folks a day get killed in the US by guns.  That is a crazy number. How many folks get killed as antique or any kind of collectors?  Your comparison, is kinda outa wack.  You can't compare Figs with eggs.

Wrong, not a gun lover. A shooting enthusiast with an affinity to target shooting. The science, trajectories, capabilities of different loads, materials employed, technical stuff generally I like, but I do not get all wobbly when the latest model this or that comes out. So no, not a gun lover.

Even though I built cars and buses I coud not be classed as a car or bus nut, I built Carmarge, Corniche, Silver Wraith, and I knew our Phantom Vehicles, as I watched them being made along side me. But don't aske to name models before my time other that the original Silver Spirit, as I really didn't give a damn. Same applies to the guns, I am not encyclopedic about makes and models, having found what suites me best I switch off, and nod politely when someone presents their latest toy. A gun is a gun is a gun. It goes bang.

People collect cars, motorbikes, samari swords. True these do not compare to collecting stamps as a danger risk, but I was indicating the collectors mentality, which has nothing to do with the purpose the item was intended for.

I know a good number of shooters in the UK, and while some are a tad more right wing than I am, I would still class those Surgeons, Chemists, Teachers, Film pyrotechnicians, Policemen, etc etc as calm, sensible.... possibly even boring, but certainly not gung ho psychopathic contenders for a mass murder. Simply because they have maybe 5 to 10 different weapons in their collection.

When we talk about America as against England, or Grenada you are comparing figs to eggs, Even with the general comprehension that Britain or Grenada are safe places I am pretty sure RD has already, or could fairly easily find some stats to prove per capita Grenada or Britain are actually more dangerous with or without guns.

I know this is a trite remark, but Cars, Buses, Lorries, Trains, and Planes one way or another kill vastly more people than guns in civillian life, yet they are a cost you are more than willing to absorb. Just as you suck up their pollution whick kills or harms millions.

I might be wrong, but I would hazard a guess that more people in modern times have been shot by police in Grenada than by renegade civillians, and that probably none of those shootings was with a registered firearm. Or a licensed gun permit holder.

About 1% of Grenada's population are gun license holders. I wonder how that per capita lines up against America.

If I wanted to shoot someone other than because they were directly and immediately threatening my life, I would obtain an illegal weapon, and throw it over a hedge when I'm done after wiping the prints as it can't be traced back. A legal held weapon has been forensically tested, so any retreaved round is likely to put me in jail. Which is one reason why gun owners do not go round taking pot shots at people.

Criminals don't think they will be caught, lunatics are.... lunatics.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 05, 2017 11:05 pm)

#8 Oct 05, 2017 10:59 pm

New Historian
Active

Yes people collect - but why guns? With a gun-culture like America, any regulations are minor and easily circumvented with the power of cash - all legal-beagle. The line between legal and illegal becomes blurred when there are THREE HUNDRED GUNS in circulation, and half-hearted half-implemented "regulations".

I just can't understand the fascination with guns! What, does it make you cum?

#9 Oct 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Yes people collect - but why guns?

They are wicked cool. smile

#10 Oct 05, 2017 11:06 pm

New Historian
Active

Yeah they're like go-faster stripes, make your dick bigger. Okay couldn't resist but one man's collectible shouldn't be another man's WMD. Too many loonies out there.

Board footer