You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#31 Dec 22, 2016 8:18 am

Slice

Re: Today is election day!

But Gripe the world is now stuck, between ah rock and ah Hard place.  Not ah soul knows what Trump policies will be.  Today He says one thing, five minutes later, he says something totally different.

The guy who wrote, The Art of the Deal for the Donald, says he Trump has a mind of  ah five year child.

We are all on edge of your seats waiting for the shoe to drop, we doh know what to expect.

The American folks are craving for changes.  Maybe just maybe that racist bigot  ASS HOLE MIGHT DELIVER.

Why Vanni made such ah statement about Hilllary is beyond me,  she do not feel what we feel and know what we know here in America.

#32 Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am

Vanni

Slice, the whole rest of the world is affected by anything happening in America.

As for what you think I do not know and you know - there's a lot I am not mentioning. We are not living in villages and in tribes any more: information circulates around the whole world, and everyone can know.

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 22, 2016 9:07 am)

#33 Dec 22, 2016 9:44 am

Slice

Agreed, the world is involved with what happens in America.

Here is my point about  really knowing what is happening in America,  Vanni, you said that you do not believe in the press.  Now, you are in another country, all your information about America came from the press,  right?

I have learnt so much about the Main stream Media, while they were covering the riots in Baltimore, that at times ah must question, some of the things that comes from them.  I mean sometimes they are just plain and simple wrong.

Vanni, I read and listen to all news coming outa Grenada, but I am not in Grenada, so I now must depend on the folks living in Grenada, for all information. Some information coming outa Grenada is false and some are right on target.  Living in America does not give me the true feel for what is happening in Grenada.  I just think one have to be  in a country, to get the true feeling, for what is happening in that country.  I might be wrong, but that is how ah feel.

If you live in another country and you watch FOX news, your opinion about America and the democrats will be completely bias.  Some media twist truth to suit them.  Some are masters of spin.

I reside in America, I have ah true felling of what is happening on the ground here.  Kinda complicated, but that is how I think.

#34 Dec 22, 2016 11:29 am

Vanni

Slice, I am not talking mainstream media smile Alternative media may inform even Americans about what is happening in their own country.

Information is circulating worldwide within seconds, and, according to sources, de-centralised by now. Often over-abundant, and almost systematically in disagreement between different sources. It is all about developing the intuition for what is as honest and thus as trustworthy as possible, and what is not. And to beware to make of any source the "master" and trust blindly. Keep being in a state of alertness for now, until the overall mentality evolves to one where honesty is leading, which allows trust and allows us to relax and to spend the better of our forces into something way more rewarding.

You say that sometimes "they" are just plain wrong. How about if they know they are wrong and do it on purpose? They know and exploit the fact that they can influence people and their reactions to "information" - or in too many cases deformation. And because the alternative media is on one hand allowing the world to know better about the truth, and on the other one to expose the mainstream media for what they are, it made those behind the mainstream media start a war against the alternative media, accusing the concerned sites of spreading "false" information, taking the right to shut them up. In my opinion, not only is it revealing, but it also will be a short-lived and unsuccessful effort. Lies have been spread way too much - the truth must be known.

Yes it can be of advantage to be living in a place, but unless you are witnessing personally some of the events which are being broadcast by the media, unless you know personally someone involved, I may be wrong, but I do not think that you are in any better position than anyone else on Earth: should there have been some manipulation of information, you could as well be fooled as anyone anywhere else on the planet.

So I also trust you, Slice and whoever is "on the ground" to share the true feeling with those who are not over there smile

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 22, 2016 11:45 am)

Board footer