You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Oct 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What an arsenal - all perfectly legal

No government that has ever existed has merited total trust.  When a government starts disarming the people, it's like the canary in the coal mine just fell off its perch.  Somthin' bad about to happen.

#12 Oct 05, 2017 11:14 pm

New Historian
Active

When you give people liberties and they take the piss you have to take those liberties away. Small boys should not play with sharp-edged tools. America fails the test. Small boys.

#13 Oct 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Sheesh.  Try not to panic.  This thing is like shark attacks.  It seems scary but, ultimately, it isn't likely to happen to you.  America is fine.   Freedom can be dangerous.  Better to be free in a dangerous world than be safe in chains.

#14 Oct 05, 2017 11:26 pm

New Historian
Active

Are Britons safe in chains? Norwegians? Danes? You sound like a guy in a bunker in the woods

#15 Oct 06, 2017 12:10 am

houston
Active

No doubt, gun people love the sense of power that they get from a WMD.

#16 Oct 06, 2017 7:30 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Are Britons safe in chains? Norwegians? Danes? You sound like a guy in a bunker in the woods

I don't know.  Freedom gets eroded a bit at a time.  A little here, a little there and pretty soon you aren't okay.  Some people like to live in a safe little cage where somebody else manages their safety.  For others, that is stifling.  Count me among the latter.  Dangerous endeavor is far more satisfying than effete, enervated safety.

#17 Oct 06, 2017 9:05 am

Slice
Active

So expat, ah do see what you are saying, and yep you are a very reasonable person.  Every living breathing human have ah right to collect what they choose.  I just did not think your collectors theory was on target.

This morning as soon as I walk into my office, one of my workers came to me and said did Tony (not his real name) call you? I said no.  She said his son got shot last night. She said, he said he do not think his 18year son, is going to live.  All is intestines are outside.  This same daddy, lost his other son less than one month ago.

How can I begin to understand this?  This is not the shooting in Vegas.  These are folks I  meet and talk to daily.  My day is now in ruins.

#18 Oct 06, 2017 9:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Why did someone hurt him?  <--- That would be the question if he was stabbed, beat with a ballbat, had gas thrown on him and set alight or anything else.  Anything else and we would be talking about why someone hurt him.  Only when someone is shot do we lose interest in the reason for the assault and focus on the tool.

Board footer