You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am

Expat
Active

I am so frigging angry

A couple of months ago my Wife passed on her Ipad, or pad or what ever it was to a family member. I was not involved, but on that ipad was access to Netflix. Had I been involved I might have deleted the auto fill in for the password.

Some time later when i returned from the UK I found my main PC didn't have my name on the account as a user, but that this 3rd party and another were listed on MY computer.

Confused, I look into it, and realised MY account is active, but that this 3rd party has renamed MY profile to theirs .... I angrily accepted that maybe, just maybe they only thought they were changing settings locally... I found it hard to believe, but for peace and quiet I didn't explode. Words were not said to the person for family integrity reasons.

Today a friend who has financial issues not of their own making asked if I could up the screens and they would pay the difference... So I looked into my account. Only to find my package had changed from 2 screens to 4 with ultra HD at extra cost without my knowledge.

I checked with Netflix and they didn't change it... It was changed on Oct 14th, and not by me.

So now I have changed account passwords, and viewing pin settings. So no bugger gets to see anything.

What an unmitigated bloody nerve. I may have ducked and dived through life, but I would never have dreamed of doing something like that. Basically it is theft by fraud.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am)

#2 Oct 18, 2017 6:07 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: I am so frigging angry

There must be a way to contact Netflix and get them to return control of the account to you.  If not, I would pull the plug on the account at the credit card level.

#3 Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

Slice
Active

I ent saying is your wife family, but just in case it is them, you kinda have to keep quiet and grind you teeth, knowing this could really upset your and your wife.

Sometimes in dealing with Wifee family ah just grin and say, you better handle this.  If I have to get involve, it is going to be real nasty.

#4 Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am

Expat
Active

Account password changed, deep level viewing limitations.

It's sorted, but it's the unmitigated cheek, that I am railing at.

Actually had the account been hijacked with malice it might have been hard to switch off the credit card payments.... But thankfully that's not an issue.

Board footer