You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Oct 26, 2017 8:19 am

Neocell
Active

What can we do with York House?

https://www.facebook.com/picturesofgren … 421406657/

Can the site be cleaned up without risking the structural integrity of the existing shell?
Can it be made into an open air Park?
Can it be made into a kinda Cafe?

#2 Oct 26, 2017 8:43 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What can we do with York House?

Look what they did with this shell of a building on Beale Street in Memphis.  Inside it is an open air garden and restaurant.

https://goo.gl/maps/NejT2WZdVkk

#3 Oct 26, 2017 8:46 am

Real Distwalker
Active

#4 Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am

Slice
Active

So for years, there was a few investors that wanted to invest in some kinda business in Grenada.  They were seriously thinking about opening in nice supermarket in the Corinth, Calivagny area.  Now SOB is open in that area and when I was there, that modern supermarket was doing real good.  There goes that bright idea.

I think the main reason they did not go ahead with the Supermarket in that  area, was they found out, that one of the PADNAHS who had the most money to invest, was not ah straight shooter, and did not want to get caught up in any kind of madness.

I know there are 10 Grenadians abroad and even in Grenada, who can pull their recourse together and open some kinda America style business model in that area.

I do not like the location.

#5 Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am

gripe
Active

Slice, you make a good observation about not liking the location for, I assume, a bustling business. Parking especially would be a headache since the better option for doing so would be to have in-built parking which would take too much of the space. There is a limit to going up and also there is a limit to going down for parking.

So, with the structure as it is, a centralized major office complex is what seems most practical in my mind. Now, if I get too involved here and assuming the funds become available, that is a location where I can develop something (I have to play with ideas at the moment; nothing concrete as yet).

#6 Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Slice
Active

Gosh ah wrote the nightmare parking this could be, but I removed it before posting.  That area is just horrible, traffic wise and parking.

Growing up I always thought Barcleys was ideal, they have their own parking lot and that was real KEWL.  Then ah had to use that LIKKLE Parking lot doing business with FCIB and I almost freaked out.  The parking spaces are just big enough for  Smart cars.

I think York house should be converted to ah museum.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 26, 2017 1:28 pm)

#7 Oct 26, 2017 2:24 pm

gripe
Active

A museum is a great suggestion for the building! Restore it with its familiar facade and the museum ambiance, outwardly at least, will be achieved.

#8 Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Neocell
Active

it may surprise you to note that there are a Great many Grenadian's who don't own cars, the area has a LOT of foot traffic, and there is a Court House right there, so a cafe or other walk in kind of business could flurish

#9 Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Expat
Active

Neocell wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/picturesofgren … 421406657/

Can the site be cleaned up without risking the structural integrity of the existing shell?
Can it be made into an open air Park?
Can it be made into a kinda Cafe?

Yes they can easy peasy. I have seen complete structures already fitted with aging interiors, not partially destroyed left with the existing facade with entirely new state of the art interior. It just need bracing to the external walls while they reconstruct the interior and put on a roof.

\didn't the FB page millions had already been collected to do the repairs... Maybe thaat money is building an office some where else?

#10 Oct 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

So for years, there was a few investors that wanted to invest in some kinda business in Grenada.  They were seriously thinking about opening in nice supermarket in the Corinth, Calivagny area.  Now SOB is open in that area and when I was there, that modern supermarket was doing real good.  There goes that bright idea.

I think the main reason they did not go ahead with the Supermarket in that  area, was they found out, that one of the PADNAHS who had the most money to invest, was not ah straight shooter, and did not want to get caught up in any kind of madness.

I know there are 10 Grenadians abroad and even in Grenada, who can pull their recourse together and open some kinda America style business model in that area.

I do not like the location.

SOG rocks... they buy my produce... smile

Board footer