You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am

Dancer
Active

Bishop - Coard - Crowd ...... all share blame. The Revo

You know  , as a Caribbean man . I have always wondered about the killings in the the Gree Revo.
How come ? How did it come about ?
Greers always seem to be running away from the reality .
Keep quiet , spies , here and there , informers , about what , I don't know ?
But when did things fall apart. ( always my wonder )

I  always knew It would be very  hard to get a  'good ' answer from Greers .... so , I tried RD the outsider , for his take .
I think I found it in one of his posts in the last week.....

>> >>>>    He did not explain in his book how the firing squad happened . ** He only said  that it happened after the firefight. Minutes even **
...........     He argued that it was SPONTANEOUS anger by the troops at the fort.  It was an act of ANGER  and  PASSION  and was not planned or ordered ........

reading some accounts , this struck me as a key  """"" the military and police decided to stand down  : They were disarmed and CIVILIANS  were given weapons.

What a recipe for disaster . Hot heads with weapons .
Power because of any gun is always tenuous , as history shows.

Blame seems to be every where .

#2 Nov 06, 2017 9:59 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Bishop - Coard - Crowd ...... all share blame. The Revo

By the time Bishop was executed, the civilians have been disarmed and the military had been rearmed. Nobody is making the claim that civilians executed Bishop.

#3 Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

Expat
Active

Re: Bishop - Coard - Crowd ...... all share blame. The Revo

Real Distwalker wrote:

By the time Bishop was executed, the civilians have been disarmed and the military had been rearmed. Nobody is making the claim that civilians executed Bishop.

Plus Bishop was the darling of the masses, it would be unlikely the proletariat would have been the execution squad.

Board footer