You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am

Dancer
Active

Don't Freak Out With Envy Calypso - $26 million for Lauren BaCall's

Doing my morning catching up on the news , I saw this ...

>> Inside Lauren BaCall's Amazing $26 Million Central Park apartment <<

So Calypso , here is one to drool over - a look inside Lauren Bacall's Dakota apt. ( www trend chaser.com )
Stuff from your favorite era 30ies, 40ies. lol
Art , a library ,photos, prints , chairs , and the list goes on

Stunning decor....  and Apt  ....
As a rule , I use 'beautiful ', sparingly  ... but ...

#2 Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Don't Freak Out With Envy Calypso - $26 million for Lauren BaCall's

I saw a picture of it long ago, after she passed. It's packed with antiques, a little clutter. I love the Dakota. Every time I go to Central Park ( I  fast walk. I can't jog anymore. My left knee is out), I pass it. It's where John Lennon got shot by that crazy fellow.  The last time I heard it was a black man who headed the coop board and had moved in his mother. Could you buy me a two bedroom there? It's not much but it would do for now!

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_ … 201.0.jpeg

Last edited by Calypso (Nov 17, 2017 9:21 pm)

#3 Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm

New Historian
Active

Bogey and Bacall: what a stylish, perfect power pair!

#4 Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

Bogey and Bacall: what a stylish, perfect power pair!

Yes, they stayed together despite the age difference between them. They also made  several movies together. I love great romances!

#5 Nov 18, 2017 6:37 am

Vanni
Active

Ever wondered what the "people" would have thought if the age difference was reversed?

#6 Nov 18, 2017 7:48 am

Calypso
Active

Vanni wrote:

Ever wondered what the "people" would have thought if the age difference was reversed?

In those days she would have been looked up on as a pervert. Older woman, younger men was not accepted in those days. Women like me have always loved younger men. There's nothing the matter with it. People's minds are not screwed on correctly.  Nowadays, you see it a lot. An adult is an adult and compatibility is better than age!

#7 Nov 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Vanni
Active

Calypso wrote:

... Nowadays, you see it a lot. An adult is an adult and compatibility is better than age!

Exactly! Some people are meant to be together, regardless. And I know what I'm talking about smile

Obviously: a man as old as can be can still have children with a younger woman in the age for that. The other way round, it won't work that well. But from the moment on both are grateful for being together, and both are clear about the consequences, some of the best and deepest relationships I know of can build up.

Board footer