You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Calypso
Active

Grenada Takes A Stance Against Child Rape!!!

http://wp.caribbeannewsnow.com/2017/09/ … e-grenada/

Rape is an act of degradation and entitlement. It leaves the victim scarred for life with self-esteem problems. The islands seem to have a lot of aggressive men who obviously do not see the value of the girl child .  It the government's responsibility to invest in the lives of girls and women. They are very vital elements of society. Females are the givers of life and natural nurtures. If you ruin them, the quality of life will become low on the island. There are many households that are headed by women on the islands. We are already a very poor nation. If the girls are not emotionally and educationally equipped to become mothers many of the children will be like inner-city Black America: rough, tough and ill-prepared for life! Remember, many of the fathers are worthless and shiftless and it is always the women who have to carry the weight.  PROTECT YOUR GIRLS1111

#2 Nov 26, 2017 7:32 am

Slice
Active

Re: Grenada Takes A Stance Against Child Rape!!!

There is defiantly ah serious problem in Grenada with Child abuse and incest.  This thing has been going on for awhile now.  Even as a young man growing up in Grenada, there was always rumors of incest and all that mad stuff.  Here is my problem, I don't like the way it is handled, by Grenadians, while I understand the outrage, I don't get the press and popular Radio host calling openly to abandon the laws of Grenada and calling for their own form of Vigilant Justice.

I listen to the radio everyday in Grenada and lord ah often wonder, if folks in the Big World are listening to Grenada radio, especially Shaggy on Weefm, what they are thinking, they must be thinking this is the most barbaric island in the whole world.

That kind of noise coming from this Radio station, must stop immediately.  The government must pass laws to protect Grenadians Children, and some member of the press, must set an example or code of conduct so all Grenadians should live by.

#3 Nov 26, 2017 10:21 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

There is defiantly ah serious problem in Grenada with Child abuse and incest.  This thing has been going on for awhile now.  Even as a young man growing up in Grenada, there was always rumors of incest and all that mad stuff.  Here is my problem, I don't like the way it is handled, by Grenadians, while I understand the outrage, I don't get the press and popular Radio host calling openly to abandon the laws of Grenada and calling for their own form of Vigilant Justice.

I listen to the radio everyday in Grenada and lord ah often wonder, if folks in the Big World are listening to Grenada radio, especially Shaggy on Weefm, what they are thinking, they must be thinking this is the most barbaric island in the whole world.

That kind of noise coming from this Radio station, must stop immediately.  The government must pass laws to protect Grenadians Children, and some member of the press, must set an example or code of conduct so all Grenadians should live by.

In Caribbean culture sex is shrouded in mystery. Traumas like rape, incest, homosexuality, etc. would have been ignored and kept hidden just to "keep face" as we would say. It is too controversial. As a result many pay the price. The fact that a group of people protested against it is powerful.  But they have to keep doing it until the government hears them.

#4 Nov 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Dancer
Active

A 2010 UN Development program ( UNDP ) survey on citizens security in which over 11,000 male and female adults in  7 Caribbean Countries were interviewed , found that 9.6 %  of the respondents in Barbados  has been subjected to punching and kicking , or other physical violence by a household member  over 16 years of age , which was similar to the region -wide average  of  10.9 % .

Some figures ....

95 percent  of cases involved  'striking with hand'
74 %  involved an implement
67 percent  involved ... playing games/tricks on victims
58 %  involved ... non - penetrative sexual abuse
55 percent involved ... " deprivation of food , money
35 % involved ... penetrative sexual abuse 

Seems to be on the News  -  in some of the Caribbean  these days.

#5 Nov 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

A 2010 UN Development program ( UNDP ) survey on citizens security in which over 11,000 male and female adults in  7 Caribbean Countries were interviewed , found that 9.6 %  of the respondents in Barbados  has been subjected to punching and kicking , or other physical violence by a household member  over 16 years of age , which was similar to the region -wide average  of  10.9 % .

Some figures ....

95 percent  of cases involved  'striking with hand'
74 %  involved an implement
67 percent  involved ... playing games/tricks on victims
58 %  involved ... non - penetrative sexual abuse
55 percent involved ... " deprivation of food , money
35 % involved ... penetrative sexual abuse 

Seems to be on the News  -  in some of the Caribbean  these days.

Yes, child abuse is on the rampage in the Caribbean region. Some attribute it to the raise of being a single parent and the pressures that come along with it. Perhaps more parenting classes is the solution. Also, I have learned that the Caribbean region has adopted the American way of doing things, which means verbal talk and nothing else. In my days, we took off our home lives and put on our school ones. Perhaps their is a lot of behavioral issues going on in the region these days.

https://www.unicef.org/health/jamaica_62479.html

Last edited by Calypso (Nov 26, 2017 6:52 pm)

Board footer