You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 08, 2017 12:13 am

New Historian
Active

It's easier to get a gun than to get a puppy in the USA

And people like RD will tell you: We can't do anything about it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/16/healt … 135PMStory

#2 Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: It's easier to get a gun than to get a puppy in the USA

Makes me smile . lol

Growing up  , we always had a dog  . My mum  would give  them a bath every so often  and cook   special things  , just for the dog.

So , I passed by the RSPCA , looking for a little puppy ---- "  I had a name planned for the  pup " 
No , I will not say , what I was thinking  ROVER  should  be called . lol

Anyhow ,  back on topic , the RSPCA wanted to come home by me  , to see if  the facilities were suitable.
" I decided to give a puppy from elsewhere a chance  to  a good life.

The nerve .lol.

#3 Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm

New Historian
Active

Yeah it's like adopting a kid lol. That said, I hate to see in the Caribbean poor dogs tied up 24/7 and living on scraps and dry kibble. Every Sunday morning we take our three down to "dogbeach" for their weekly swim. Happy girls.

Dog_beach.jpg

#4 Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Expat
Active

Yeah, so OK, now I am feeling guilty.

Poor old Sally lives on a tie out line. Would that she didn't but most dogs and chickens do not make good bedmates, and Sally has had her fair shair of take away meals, so regrettably she doesn't get the run of the yard. Rather lot's of exercise charging up and down the steps to bark hysterically at all dogs, of which there are plenty saintering past the gate, plus most diesel vehicles, and many cars, and most humans that come to see me or pass. In short almost everything. Mostly at night. 4am seems to be a speciality. So once you are awake, you are primed ready for the cocks kicking off at 5am.

When I am working on my project where she has free reign to run where ever she likes she is about a hundred yards from the sea, but will not go in unless it is flat calm, and that beach is like thunder crashing in. So nose to the ground looking for lizards and the like, but no sea baths... NASTY girl.... smile

IMG_0827.jpg

Last edited by Expat (Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm)

#5 Dec 07, 2017 4:36 pm

New Historian
Active

Yeah poor old Sally, but sometimes it is necessary to restrict their movements. Like my "dirty little white bitch", Fuggy, the damn dog can climb over ANY fence!! The amount of life-threatening scrapes that mutt has gotten herself into!! Take on THREE big dogs from down the road? Bring it on. Fall into a vat of TAR - jump in!

Fugs_fixed_up.jpg

#6 Dec 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Expat
Active

Wow, she's been in the wars, must have cost a pretty penny to sort that lot.

I do hope you don't call her a White Bitch to her face dogs have feelings you know. She's obviously got more that 1% black in her... smile

Last edited by Expat (Dec 07, 2017 5:08 pm)

#7 Dec 07, 2017 6:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Oh yeah, that one (of many) lost battle of hers cost me a few bob. This one didn't cost any money, just DAYS to scrape and wash off all this TAR, from toe to tail!

20161230_063010.jpg

Board footer