You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Expat
Active

Re: JERUSALEM .... eh ? WHY ???

Real Distwalker wrote:

That is irrelevant.  Those who engage in violence are responsible for the violence.

To be pedantic, yes obviously the ones doing the violence had choices and are responsible for their own actions.

None the less to create a situation which is as just about every government and pundit, and his own advisers warned against for this very reason... is tantamount to inviting it to happen. There is a saying here "Provocation is against the Law".

Why is it whe 79 or 80 odd other countries have Embassies in Tel Aviv, but not in Jerusalem.... Because they are not so bloody stupid as to whip up a hornets nest.

70 decades of not putting an Embassy in Jerusalem, and CNut thinks it's the right thing to do, and all the other Countries are psseys.

Being "clever" about truisms doesn't make the effect be less because of the cause, and Cnut will be the instigator, the cause, and morally responsible

Last edited by Expat (Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm)

#12 Dec 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Be that as it may, the location of one US embassy in one country is hardly cause for bloodbath.  The Israeli seat of government, parliament and prime minister have been situated in Jerusalem for some time.  Seems to me the red line was crossed when Israel placed its capital there, not when one country located its embassy there.  Anyone who kills over the neighborhood it which a country places its diplomatic facilities is responsible for the killing.

#13 Dec 08, 2017 8:04 am

Slice
Active

"Trump is a Cnut. But then almost everybody including most Republicans on this board knew that."

Expat, we all know dat. But when you are given I think 30 million dollars from Adelson or what he name is, and your son-in-law  is jewish and has very close ties to the PM of Israel, what do you expect.

Ah tink we sometimes forget that Donald Trump do not have a soul.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 08, 2017 11:26 am)

#14 Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

DQiEiD9WAAA1BOE.jpg:large

#15 Dec 08, 2017 11:25 am

Slice
Active

Don't think this has ah damn thing to do with the HAMAS or anything other hate group in that part of the world.  This has everything to do with America leadership on the world stage.

#16 Dec 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Expat
Active

Slice you have to remember RD is a about as sensitive to things outside America as an ant, and we all know ants will be the last ones standing in a nuclear holocaust.

#17 Dec 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Expat. I have traveled and I know people from around the world.  I am as sensitive to the world as you or anyone here New Historian notwithstanding. 

I get the Palestinian's complaint, I just don't give a shit.  Israel is a real country that lives the values of civilized nations.  The Palestinians are mongrel Arabs who, if they ever were to control what is now Israel would turn that prosperous, civilized nation into something akin to Syria.  Screw that. 

Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and has been for years.  The US has recognized it as the capital of Israel for two decades.  The US is simply putting its diplomats in the capital.  Period.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Dec 08, 2017 12:50 pm)

#18 Dec 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am still waiting for, as predicted, the Arab Street to explode in anger and indignation.

Board footer