You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Dec 12, 2017 8:42 am

Slice
Active

SOME STATES IN THE SOUTH ARE STILL LIVING IN THE 40s

this is kinda real strange, but as I follow the Alabama Senate election, I realize, that some of these states are real backwards.  These states is like time has passed them by.  when there is ample proof, that Roy Moore is ah child molester and mothers and fathers, can't see it, it bothers me.

When Roy Moore wife said, one of their attorneys, is Jewish and therefore they can not be racist, it make me wonder what year is the South living in.

I always thought that places like Iowa, Montana and Idaho, were the backwards one, but 8 years ago I change my thinking about those states.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am)

#2 Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: SOME STATES IN THE SOUTH ARE STILL LIVING IN THE 40s

Iowa is right down the center.  Not too left wing, not too right wing.  It is also very polite.  Too polite to discuss politics much.  We'd rather talk about the weather.   Alabama is as right wing as, say, San Francisco is left wing.  Both places are all out of balance.

#3 Dec 12, 2017 10:33 am

Slice
Active

Oh GOSH! I agree about San Fran, but ah just doh see the comparison.  Ah mean Alabama is backward.  Forget politics for ah little while.  I know ah kinda Pig headed too, but at some point in your life, you must see truth and face it.  One guy say if Jesus come and tell him that Roy Moore is ah Child molester, he go ask Jesus ah question.

#4 Dec 12, 2017 10:40 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I was stationed in south Alabama in the Army.   I just drove across it south to north last month.  Yeah, it is backward as hell.   I am just saying that it is as right wing as San Francisco is left wing. 

As for me, well. Like the song says...

I'm the type of guy who likes it right down the middle
I don't like all this bouncing back and forth
Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
And my head in the cool blue North

#5 Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am

Slice
Active

Is it safe to say, that in a way America is two different countries, the rest of America, and there is Alabama, Mississippi and some parts of Soult Carolina? Florida and some parts of Virginia I don't consider in that bracket, but ah must add some parts of West Virginia.  Lord some parts in WV is really backward.

#6 Dec 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I was stationed in south Alabama in the Army.   I just drove across it south to north last month.  Yeah, it is backward as hell.   I am just saying that it is as right wing as San Francisco is left wing. 

As for me, well. Like the song says...

I'm the type of guy who likes it right down the middle
I don't like all this bouncing back and forth
Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
And my head in the cool blue North

Iowa is one state that confuse me.  That is the only almost white state, that if Obama runs again, he can win.  Here is the other mystery, you wont admit.  I also think that Iowa is more liberal than you care to say.

#7 Dec 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, right now Iowa has a Republican governor, two Republican Senators and three of the four Reps in the House are Republicans.  Both houses of the Iowa legislature are Republican majorities.

Still, it is more liberal than any southern state for sure.  We are very socially liberal.  We were the 4th state to legalize gay marriage. We legalized interracial marriage 100 years before some states.  We were never a slave state.  We haven't had the death penalty for half a century. 

So, yeah, Iowa is a strange mix of people that puts us right in the middle of the political spectrum.

#8 Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Slice
Active

"We haven't had the death penalty for half a century. "  I din know that. SHIT you are almost as liberal as California.  Ah bet I am not alone in my thinking of Iowa. Now ah have a better understanding of why they voted Obama.

#9 Dec 13, 2017 12:11 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Bannon did what many thought impossible. He got a Democrat elected to the Senate in Alabama. How did he do it? By knocking out Luther Strange who would have won by double digits and supporting a dumb-ass, racist, Elmer Gantry acting fucknut right out of central casting at Universal Studios.

Can we now stop pretending that human liver spot Steve Bannon is a brilliant strategist?

#10 Dec 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Iowa Poll: 60 percent of Iowans disapprove of Donald Trump's job performance

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story … 945229001/

Board footer