You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Dancer
Active

Missing Sunday Church

As we all should know Church and the Caribbean go together..

Well I missed going to Church today . Ist Sunday for   quite  a  while .

I missed - my friends
I missed  - what the Rev wanted to lay on us. (sermon)
I missed  - the singing
Most of all I missed the silence with yourself in church

Want to go for a day trip to  the Falls , see the Xmas  decorations and some strings of lights ?
Not really . lol.

#2 Dec 20, 2017 3:49 pm

godman

Re: Missing Sunday Church

THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS

Not many people in the western world understands what Christmas is all about; they see it as a time to meet and greet families and friends and to eat drink and be merry. In moderation nothing is wrong with that.But Christmas embodies much more than that.
"Man shall live for evermore because of Christmas day"... are words of the Christmas carol sung by Harry Belafonte....Long time ago in Bethlehem. The glad tidings of the angel's message was God sent His Son Jesus to restore to the human family the immortality forfeited by Adam, in order to do so He Christ would die, but His death and resurrection will secure immortality for all those who want to live forever in a new world free of all the negatives we now have to endure.....This is the Christmas message and it's 100% Kosher and Guaranteed by the God that cannot lie.
A reservation for this world has already been made for all of mankind who would let God in their lives.

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS TO ALL TS.MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU AND, YOUR FAMILY AD FRIENDS,WITH HEALTH,WEALTH AND ALL THE GOOD THINGS OF LIFE.

#3 Dec 22, 2017 8:05 am

Vanni
Active

I am understanding that whether church, meditation, yoga, qigong, taichi, singing, being in nature, listening to birdsongs, listening to a melodious brook, listening to the waves, listening to inspiring music, looking at a beautiful scenery, loooking at a beautiful painting, cultivating harmlessness toward all, stroking our pet, offering comfort, offering help, doing a random act of kindness, offering a smile, sending silent love and a smile from soul to soul to a person we may know or not know ... the list goes on:

all tunes us in to the Divine.

We can stop and make it a conscious moment of grace by letting our soul resonate and lift itself up to the wonder of Life.

The more we do it, the more it builds up and enables us to experience this resonance deeper and deeper, more and more intensely, more and more frequently. And make it part of our interaction with Life and all Living Beings.

It's all about entering in resonance with Life-Love-God.

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 22, 2017 8:18 am)

#4 Dec 23, 2017 6:53 am

Dancer
Active

>  The True meaning of Christmas <  by godman

' Always beautiful when someone stands up , makes it plain and calls it true '
so, to borrow from you...

Christmas Greetings to all talk Shop
May God richly bless you

Your family and friends
With health, wealth
and all the good things of life.

" Long time ago in Bethlehem " Harry Belafonte sings "
Nice godman.

#5 Dec 23, 2017 6:55 am

Dancer
Active

Vanni wrote:

I am understanding that whether church, meditation, yoga, qigong, taichi, singing, being in nature, listening to birdsongs, listening to a melodious brook, listening to the waves, listening to inspiring music, looking at a beautiful scenery, loooking at a beautiful painting, cultivating harmlessness toward all, stroking our pet, offering comfort, offering help, doing a random act of kindness, offering a smile, sending silent love and a smile from soul to soul to a person we may know or not know ... the list goes on:

all tunes us in to the Divine.

We can stop and make it a conscious moment of grace by letting our soul resonate and lift itself up to the wonder of Life.

The more we do it, the more it builds up and enables us to experience this resonance deeper and deeper, more and more intensely, more and more frequently. And make it part of our interaction with Life and all Living Beings.

It's all about entering in resonance with Life-Love-God.

" Vanni , just go to Church.  Best for the Holidays. lol.

Board footer