You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The Changing Seasons

In my back yard.

summer.jpg

winter.jpg

#2 Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: The Changing Seasons

I remember it well, every friggin season there was something to do to that house in Virginia lol!

#3 Jan 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't know about you, but I am some kind of schizophrenic when it comes to that kind of thing.  When I have a lot to do, I feel stressed out because I feel overwhelmed.  When I have little to do, I feel stressed out because I feel the need to be productive.  When I am busy, I wish I had time to relax.  When I relax it doesn't take long before I need to be busy again.  Maybe I am nuts. smile

#4 Jan 02, 2018 9:19 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I don't know about you, but I am some kind of schizophrenic when it comes to that kind of thing.  When I have a lot to do, I feel stressed out because I feel overwhelmed.  When I have little to do, I feel stressed out because I feel the need to be productive.  When I am busy, I wish I had time to relax.  When I relax it doesn't take long before I need to be busy again.  Maybe I am nuts. smile

Not nuts - just Protestant! Got any Quaker roots?

#5 Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Quaker Oats is in Cedar Rapids but I don't think that counts.

8059865243_97a8ea2d60_b.jpg

#6 Jan 03, 2018 9:34 am

Slice
Active

So I am adjusting to retirement.  I am going back to work for the last two days in January, they just ent willing to let me go.  Today in Baltimore County it is 6 degrees.  I am bored like crazy.  I am trying to decide whether or not I should go back to work and not retire.  Now ah know why I decided to spend sometime in the caribbean.  I just can't sit and be bored.  Not ah FRIGGING to do, but look at TV.  I hate it so far, but on the other hand, ah doh want to go out this kinda Cold weather.  I will adjust one way or the other.

#7 Jan 03, 2018 9:39 am

New Historian
Active

I tried retirement, got bored witless. Wake up in morning and say: "I've got nothing to do today!"

#8 Jan 03, 2018 10:53 am

piratejenny

I love retirement. I can get up when I want. I do not have to be out freezing my fingers off getting the windshield cleared on the car. I do not HAVE to be anywhere. I flow. Some may know the "Grenada Chronicles" project is over. I have moved to genealogy and family history - not keeping track back to Adam, but - oh, the delight - history. I did not know anything about the US Indian Wars during and following the American Revolution. Exciting reading. The major thing is I do not HAVE to be anywhere at someone else's set time - like work hours.

#9 Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

I tried retirement, got bored witless. Wake up in morning and say: "I've got nothing to do today!"

Come by me if you want something to do. I have much more to do than one little expat can keep up with.

Going back to work and earning potloads of money, and paying other people to deal with my projects is looking like a fun thing to do.

Only this morning I was going through a depression thinking about the endless work ahead of me. I hated work, I only loved the fiscal rewards, but it really doesn't feel like I quit as I am often more busy at home.

I had this rose tinted dream about retirement where I was planting a couple of carrots, and lounging on the verandah with a rum and coke. errr no.

#10 Jan 03, 2018 4:57 pm

New Historian
Active

"I had this rose tinted dream about retirement where I was planting a couple of carrots, and lounging on the verandah with a rum and coke. errr no."

Doh fret, you'd only get bored, drunk, and in trouble lol!

Man fi wuk.

Board footer