You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Jan 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: The Changing Seasons

Nice pics.
Have you submitted your resignation letter yet  ?

" Pastor and  Church , name and address please.

#12 Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Resign for using vulgar language?  That's no big deal.  Resign for getting angry at a reprobate?  Yeah, probably a sin but I am a Lutheran.  Lutherans believe we are all born sinners in every thought, word and deed.  If Lutherans resigned for sinning, there would be no Lutherans.

#13 Jan 04, 2018 10:18 am

Slice
Active

piratejenny wrote:

I love retirement. I can get up when I want. I do not have to be out freezing my fingers off getting the windshield cleared on the car. I do not HAVE to be anywhere. I flow. Some may know the "Grenada Chronicles" project is over. I have moved to genealogy and family history - not keeping track back to Adam, but - oh, the delight - history. I did not know anything about the US Indian Wars during and following the American Revolution. Exciting reading. The major thing is I do not HAVE to be anywhere at someone else's set time - like work hours.

It take time to adjust.  Folks walk up to me and say congratulation on your retirement and ah just doh know what to say,  I never saw retirement as something to celebrate.  Maybe ah was wrong.

I know one thing Wifee is taking full advantage of it.  Had to take her to work, when there is half ah inch of snow.  One ting for sure,the adjustment will be made, and if ah can't make the adjustment, ah taking me ASS back to work.

#14 Jan 04, 2018 10:21 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

I tried retirement, got bored witless. Wake up in morning and say: "I've got nothing to do today!"

Come by me if you want something to do. I have much more to do than one little expat can keep up with.

Going back to work and earning potloads of money, and paying other people to deal with my projects is looking like a fun thing to do.

Only this morning I was going through a depression thinking about the endless work ahead of me. I hated work, I only loved the fiscal rewards, but it really doesn't feel like I quit as I am often more busy at home.

I had this rose tinted dream about retirement where I was planting a couple of carrots, and lounging on the verandah with a rum and coke. errr no.

I know you stay busy. There ent no retirement in you. Three times ah pass by your house and you were never home.

#15 Jan 05, 2018 7:28 am

Vanni
Active

This freedom is in fact desirable. There is so much we can find out to do, at last without pressure. We don't need to collapse like an empty bag. We can learn a new skill, we can offer help. We can also consciously enjoy a bit of quietness. I think many of us are just scared of our own attitude toward freedom. We have not learned how to use it in a constructive way. We can learn to trust ourselves.

#16 Jan 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

I tried retirement, got bored witless. Wake up in morning and say: "I've got nothing to do today!"

Come by me if you want something to do. I have much more to do than one little expat can keep up with.

Going back to work and earning potloads of money, and paying other people to deal with my projects is looking like a fun thing to do.

Only this morning I was going through a depression thinking about the endless work ahead of me. I hated work, I only loved the fiscal rewards, but it really doesn't feel like I quit as I am often more busy at home.

I had this rose tinted dream about retirement where I was planting a couple of carrots, and lounging on the verandah with a rum and coke. errr no.

I know you stay busy. There ent no retirement in you. Three times ah pass by your house and you were never home.

Just hiding behind the curtains  LoL... only kidding.

If it was in the morning I was probably off on the project wielding a pick axe (peck to Grenadians) a chainsaw, come along, axe, Kango, or fork.

Board footer