You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Dancer
Active

WebMaster , don't think I didn't notice

Yep !  A new picture heading TS  for 2018 . Not bad.
However , a little explanation of what we are seeing would be helpful . You have two castles in the City . Two big towers .
I thought you had a PM ,  not a king or queen
Is that the Mount on the right , oh,  is that where the Lady lives ?
Good view , but how does one get up there, helicopter ?
sad.

BTW.... I was  browsing  the  GREE WEB SITE  and I saw something that made me go  ...ahhhhhh
Some of the former posters  have web-sites  ... all their own  ... fighting for subscribers
((  everywhere you look these days , subscribe , subscribe ))  . I saw , DRUM , Caribbean Mag , and others

Well .....  Don't they know TS is a advertising and promotional tool  ... use it boys and girls.

#2 Jan 18, 2018 10:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: WebMaster , don't think I didn't notice

What new picture? Where? What castles? What towers? Links?

#3 Jan 18, 2018 10:45 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

New Historian wrote:

Hold your shift key and click on the reload page button on your browser.  It will clear your cache.

#4 Jan 18, 2018 11:33 pm

New Historian
Active

"Hold your shift key and click on the reload page button on your browser.  It will clear your cache."

Now y'see, you've gone way above my pay grade!

#5 Jan 19, 2018 11:00 pm

gripe
Active

Dancer, I hope you were joking with this statement: "However, a little explanation of what we are seeing would be helpful. You have two castles in the City . Two big towers"

This may help:

Those "castles in the City" are: (a) to the left, the clock tower of the St. George's Anglican Church; (b) to the right, the corresponding edifice of the Catholic Church. The photo was pre-Ivan.

Both structures are on Church Street, about a brisk 5-6 minute walk from each other. The fact that those buildings are on Church Street makes sense and should 'ring a bell' for you because those towers had in-built clocks that hourly chimed to keep residents of the area attuned to their activities.

A word on the overall photo: beautiful! That panoramic view of just a small section of our beautiful St. George's is post-card worthy!

Last edited by gripe (Jan 19, 2018 11:07 pm)

#6 Jan 20, 2018 4:36 pm

houston
Active

Webmaster wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Hold your shift key and click on the reload page button on your browser.  It will clear your cache.

Very nice photo. That white building to the right with the blue roof, would that be Lucas Street?

#7 Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Slice
Active

Houston, how the hell you remember those places?  Thought it was centuries, since your last visit.

#8 Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:

However , a little explanation of what we are seeing would be helpful . You have two castles in the City . Two big towers .
sad.

BTW.... I was  browsing  the  GREE WEB SITE  and I saw something that made me go  ...ahhhhhh
Some of the former posters  have web-sites  ... all their own  ... fighting for subscribers
((  everywhere you look these days , subscribe , subscribe ))  . I saw , DRUM , Caribbean Mag , and others

Well .....  Don't they know TS is a advertising and promotional tool  ... use it boys and girls.

Dancer you ah trip, you doh missed much.

#9 Jan 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

sad.

Is it a criminal offense  to beg  for subscribers its the same like begging for votes.  What I want you to tell me what cause so much posters to get afraid of this site  like something strange happened because they come here.  The people can't be fooled all the time. There are talks about innocents name on data base and innocents being gangstalked and being watched  while moving about and travelling abroad for years now  also because they come here they have been harassed by people who likes to class themselves with Grenadians .  This is  wrong . How are these shallow thinkers sleeping at night. They run us posters   and only the meanies come here now.

#10 Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Dancer wrote:

sad.

So begging must be for all you alone then.  I often ask myself this question without you knowing. If you were Grenadian you will know our tiny Island is hilly   I feel you are Grenadian but think you are from the wrong country. You act like you are ashamed of your own people in my opinion  you are awkward  among us even anonymous. This is how I does think so pull up your socks

Board footer